Feature Request: Night Mode with Speech Enhancement with Low Bass and sub (Smaller Dynamic Range)

• 9 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’d like to make a feature request for a night mode that doesn’t completely eliminate all bass. 
A mode that will basically tighten up the dynamic range so all sounds can be heard around the same level for late night listening that won’t be interrupted by that one surprise explosion scene that wakes up the house followed by the speech you can’t hear immediately before and after. 

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7

You can already achieve this by enabling Night Sound and Speech Enhancement in the Sonos app. If you want a little more bass, adjust the EQ or Sub Audio settings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You can already achieve this by enabling Night Sound and Speech Enhancement in the Sonos app. If you want a little more bass, adjust the EQ or Sub Audio settings.

Last I checked night mode kills all bass and disables the sub so it’s all treble (I just double checked). I’m looking for some bass along with rich sound and a better dynamic range keeping the dialog and explosions around the same volume. I know many others are looking for a better dynamic range option for when you can’t put your volume up high and have to consider others in the house. 

Eliminating low end bass is literally the definition of Night Mode.  You might as well ask for a rev limiter on your car that allows you to go faster.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe have an:

Evening Mode - slightly reduced loudness and bass / Sub

Night Mode - what we have now

2 AM Mode - greatly reduced loudness and bass, no Sub

Badge

Night mode does not turn off the sub

Totally agree. I turn the sun volume up to 4 with night mode on but it’s inconsistent