Customer Support Failure

• 31 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I know I probably am not alone in this however just wanted to gauge how bad SONOS customer services are to everyone else. Apologies this is a bit of a moan however when you pay thousands for a top rank system I would have expected customer support to be a lot more on the ball than this. 

My Gen 2 Sub developed the infamous hum/interference noise. I contacted support and eventually agreed a return and replacement. I had to chase (via email) the return as repsonse from SONOS was minmal. The return went back to SONOS and arrived at their European hub in Poland on the second week in May. Then everything went quiet…..

I gave it a week and phoned them to be told ‘yes it has arrived back and your replacement should leave the warehouse this week’. That was weeks ago and again nothing. 

I’ve sent three emails to SONOS asking for updates, I’ve received one very basic, generic response saying they would look into it and get back to me - following that, nothing. I phoned this morning and received the following;

‘Your replacement hasn’t even been scheduled, nor left the warehouse, we’re unsure whats happening’

The agent advised he would have to escalate to the returns team and they would respond between now and Monday. I asked about their complaint escalation procedure to be told they dont really have one…..

The agent referred me to the forums and to email their CEO directly. I’m honestly shocked at how bad this is, I’ve been without a sub for over three weeks and SONOS seem really laissez-faire about everything. 

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just seeing SONOS on a bad day?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Williamsonr3 

Thanks for your post!

I’m very sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience attempting to replace your faulty Sub. I assure you that we don’t take this lightly and will do everything we can to sort all this out to your satisfaction. 

I see that since posting here you have received a reply from a Customer Experience Supervisor - I am sure David will investigate and resolve this matter for you.