Skip to main content

🎄 Sonos X Deezer Scavenger Hunt 🎄 (Concluded)

• 11 December 2023
  • 12 replies
🎄 Sonos X Deezer Scavenger Hunt 🎄 (Concluded)

The festive season is here and we've officially kicked off the holiday spirit with the first notes of Mariah Carey gracing our ears! 🎄✨As December unfolds, we invite you to join in the our spectacular
Sonos x Deezer Community Treasure Hunt! 🎉🎁

Your goal:

Find the playlist hidden inside and outside the Community and answer the question correctly.

How do you find the playlist? 🕵

We have hidden 6 numbers that together form the link to the playlist.

You'll need to search the Deezer- and Sonos Community to find the hidden playlist with the question you need to answer.

Jn3b_CyRYCh3Y6ErLj-KFC1WRXNBgUve-ihKqkDotoGxEFpKpacloZZrLwHoG7boXTCZ4wAuN3TMKvcjO5vIwAfczwGurLGibSU_J7ROCXl5S7dr-M4gM-OQCrUzcTT6w9_OJDsYQDRc1cw-iYfhTis

gXhcgYWK_uW5FuDOI9FrKJ5cK34frW5K_q28n_1CpdpXYe-TqpAVYbOfziF_gaQk-MzgKaedfyQkyDTqJV2ZsNRdoLr4U_y_QgqRhRokONgYm5V2x-C2pTI6ytczg77DkA1xFzu8e__CmQ5iiCPERts
Cracking the code:

There are 6 hidden number emojis indicating the order of the digits in the URL.

Attention: Some clues can also have multiple numbers from the playlist URL.

Where can you find the 6 numbers?

There number emojis are hidden in the following areas of Deezer and Sonos communities

1️⃣: Product update 

2️⃣: Advanced setups 

3️⃣: Owners Café

4️⃣: Group

5️⃣: Article

6️⃣: Speakers

Please note: Some of the numbers will have more than one digit, but they will be in the same location within the posts or areas they are hidden.

Once you've gathered these numbers, assemble the playlist to discover a hidden question awaiting your festive wit. Share your answers in the comments below this article to spread the joy!

🚫 Do not share the question or the playlist URL in this thread! Just answer the question.

You have until December 21st to solve the puzzle and post your answer!

The second game continues on Wednesday.

👉 Remember that you have to take part in both games to get into the draw.

You can win a 12-month Deezer subscription and a stylish Sonos speaker 🎉

You can find the Terms and conditions here.

SONOS EUROPE B.V. “DEEZER x SONOS HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY” TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The “DEEZER x SONOS HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY” contest (the "Contest") begins on December 11, 2023 at 03.00PM CET and ends on December 21, 2023 at 12.00PM CET (the "Entry Period"). 

HOW IT WORKS

To participate in the Contest and to be eligible for winning a prize  users have to participate in the two games “Scavenger Hunt” (posted on  December 11) and in the “Movie Game” (posted on December 13) during the Entry Period. 

Scavenger Hunt (December 11)

Users have to use the clues, within the post, to find hidden digits within posts.These digits, when put in the right order, lead you to a Deezer playlist. This playlist has a question the users need to answer, to be part of the prize draw. Further details and instructions are included in the post on December 11.

Movie Game (December 13)

This game will let users use the previous posters' last letter of their movie title, to create their own. Users can’t duplicate right after each other, if they have to be part of the drawing.An example would be “Home Alone”. Next user then needs to use E to start their movie title, like “Elf”. Further details and instructions  are included in the post on December 13

Participation in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Contest, users unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sonos Europe B.V. ("Sonos") and Sonos' designated representatives, which shall be final and binding in all respects.

ELIGIBILITY

Only legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States (collectively, the “Territories”), who, at the time of entry, are 1) located in one of the Territories, and 2) are eighteen (18) years of age or older, are eligible to enter and/or win a prize in the Contest. Sonos, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, employees, contractors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Contest and each of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (collectively, with Sonos, the "Promotion Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are NOT eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Sonos reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the potential winners. No group entries. This Contest is void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.

Participation by a user has to be completed  by the end of the Entry Period in order to be eligible to win. The database clock located on www.sonos.com will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, and to the extent participants may otherwise elect at the time of participation, personal information collected in connection with the Contest will be used in accordance with Sonos' privacy policy located at http://www.sonos.com/legal/privacy.

WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION

At the end of the Entry Period, Sonos will randomly select a total number of four (4) winners of the Contest. No later than 22/12-2023, Sonos will contact the  winners via private message in the community. Sonos shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential prize winner for any reason. Time is of the essence in verifying each potential prize winner and awarding each prize. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within twentyfour (24) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and a runner-up winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sonos may successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winner(s) of an applicable prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner(s) of such applicable prize after such attempts have been made, if any, such prize may go unawarded.

PRIZE

Each winner of the Contest, determined as set forth above, shall receive one (1) Sonos Roam SL for a  value of 159 USD$, 179 Euro or the equivalent in the local currency (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”). The Prizes will be delivered only to addresses in the Territories.

Prizes will be awarded only if a potential Prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Each Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all state, federal and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with a Prize. Sonos shall be responsible for shipping each Prize to each potential winner. Each potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, any other applicable form or documentation concerning the Prize and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents"). If a potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all relevant Prize Claim Documents within three (3) days of Prize notification, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.

Sonos makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the Prizes furnished in connection with the Contest.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

By entering the Contest, you agree that Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from Entrants' acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Prizes, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Prizes, including, without limitation, to the Prizes' quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sonos assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant's, or any other person's, computer system which is occasioned by participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.

Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sonos is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information.

Sonos reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sonos reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. If a dispute as to the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sonos' satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Sonos reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sonos' control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein.

In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sonos is prevented from conducting the drawing, awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to fire, storm, flood, earthquake, explosion, accidents, public disorders, civil unrest, disease outbreak, sabotage, acts of terrorism, acts of war (declared or undeclared), labor shortages riots or acts of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sonos' control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sonos shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sonos will (if possible) select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. These Official Rules may be modified or amended at any time before, during or after the Entry Period, only by a written document published on the Website by a duly authorized representative of Sonos.

Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, and to the extent Entrants may otherwise elect at the time of entry and/or verification as a semi-finalist, personal information collected in connection with the Contest will be used in accordance with Sonos' privacy policy located at www.sonos.com/legal/privacy.

By entering this Contest, you understand and agree that you shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution or exploitation of the Contest, or any other business or project of Sonos or any of the Promotion Entities.

If any part of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of these Official Rules shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision, or the invalid or illegal portion of a provision, were not contained herein.

These Official Rules will be posted on the Website during the Entry Period and for at least six (6) weeks thereafter.

For residents of the United States

ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SONOS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.

Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Contest, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by arbitration under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (i.e., only costs associated with participating in the Contest), but shall not include attorney’s fees under any circumstances; and (c) you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Official Rules, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.

For residents of Australia and New Zealand

ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SONOS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OR TERRITORY WHERE YOU LIVE  WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.

Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Contest, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (i.e., only costs associated with participating in the Contest), but shall not include attorney’s fees under any circumstances; and (c) you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Official Rules, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.

For residents of all countries of the Territories other than the United States, Australia and New Zealand

ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SONOS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE NETHERLANDS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.

Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Contest, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved by the competent courts of Amsterdam,The Netherlands individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (i.e., only costs associated with participating in the Contest), but shall not include attorney’s fees under any circumstances; and (c) you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Official Rules, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.

The hunt is open!

My Answer:

"The previous years Guinness book of records."

I have to say I was confused by the instructions here as I was trying to convert all the numbers found somehow into just 6 digits only - thinking some were perhaps duplicate numbers for a reason (my Wife deserves the credit for helping me to solve this one). I’m so stupid sometimes🤷 and I must have read the instructions around a half dozen times.

My answer:

A book that I had zero interest in reading

Very clever use of the playlist BTW.

Well done @GuitarSuperstar.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and to everyone else here in the community aswell.🎄

See you at the next game.👍

Wow you two were fast!

I have to say I was confused by the instructions here as I was trying to convert all the numbers found somehow into just 6 digits only - thinking some were perhaps duplicate numbers for a reason (my Wife deserves the credit for helping me to solve this one). I’m so stupid sometimes🤷 and I must have read the instructions around a half dozen times.

Good point Ken! Let me just add that clarification to the description of the game.
Since yes each of the 6 locations will have a number, but some might have more than one digit. But they will all be in one spot. We weren’t that mean and hid them in several locations within a post or area 😉

Puh… did this hard rallye across the communities and heres my answer:

itchy skiing underwear 🙈

I remember those back when I was a kid. Didn’t know they still existed. 😂

How's everyone doing with the scavenger hunt? Is anyone feeling a bit lost and thinking they could use a few more hints? 🕵️️‍♂️

I will give a hint to the ones struggling to find the last clue.

Those of you looking for the last (6th) number will find it hidden in an old post from 5 years ago from our own Sons Reddit expert. Some of you might be able to guess who that is if you browse our subreddit from time to time 😉

I’d like to give what I think maybe a useful hint too - perhaps make sure you put the completed URL into the browser in lower case - I initially had issues with my own answer, because I copied the path from above in UPPER CASE and it did not work with my iOS Safari browser, plus I was just looking (wrongly) for a six digit only number at the end of the URL and it’s a longer number than that.

I hope that info. perhaps will go onto assist some others here.

I will give a hint to the ones struggling to find the last clue.

Those of you looking for the last (6th) number will find it hidden in an old post from 5 years ago from our own Sons Reddit expert. Some of you might be able to guess who that is if you browse our subreddit from time to time 😉

My first ‘struggle’ was figuring out what an ‘area’ was.  It’s not just the page in the link to, but every page in the forum/sub-forum that was linked to.

My next struggle was assuming that the emoji’s had to be hidden in a recent post by a Sonos or Deezer employee.  Bad assumption.