Answered

YouTube Music / Controller Issues

• 11 May 2019
  • 7 replies

I have encountered a bug that I assume has something to do with locale/encoding.
I am using the Sonos Controller on an up-to-date Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) on which the phone is currently in Japanese. I have just paid for YouTube Music and have added my account, but when I tap on "YouTube Music" from my list of services, I see this page:

I assume this is an error page of some sort but it isn't being displayed properly. My YouTube Music account settings have my language set to English (UK), and my region set to Canada. I have tried changing the language on YouTube Music to Japanese but this doesn't seem to fix the issue. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by controlav 12 May 2019, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I think it is trying to tell you that you need a Premium YouTube music account for Sonos (I had a similar problem a few months ago, it was very confusing). It is doing this in Japanese, but the Sonos app either lacks a Japanese font or is failing to decode the Japanese error message, so displays the message as mostly garbage.
Userlevel 1

I have similar issues. As using Spotify was like rolling a dice which song played from which speaker at which volume I switched to youtube music. I’m premium but still can not connect.

On my phone, youtube is logged in and working but not via the sonos app.

Same problem. Sonos keep asking me for a You Tube Premium account even I have one. Sonos not answered, as if it would be a problem from You Tube, which is not. In my case, not being able to use You Tube Music makes my Sonos speakers almost useless. 

On other services, forcing a new handshake with the service has often worked. Try removing your YouTube account from Sonos, then shut down your Sonos app. Open the app back up, then add your account back in. 

Thanks. Already tried that, but didn't work. 

Then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Thanks... I'll do that on Monday. .