Question

Updated Sonos app and now have no option the give a thumb up or down to songs on Panadora

• 15 November 2017
  • 9 replies

The usual thumbs up or down icons are no longer on the screen that displays the song that is playing on Pandora. Any ideas how to get them back?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

This is the same for me. Prior to this update I could play all my Pandora stations flawlessly and give thumbs on the Sonos app. Not sure why you went to all the trouble to allow playing Sonos from Pandora. This morning had been a nightmare getting our Sonos system working again.
Seems to be iOS app related. I too see this behavior on my fiance's iPhone, but ThumbUp/Down is still available on my PC app and Android mobile app (v8.2 both).
I should have said I have an Android Phone (Nexus 5X)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, can you check for updates on your Sonos controllers? The Pandora thumbs up and down should be back. We're working with them right now to make sure.
Mine also stopped working on my S7 and PC app on 2 different Sonos systems. You know what would be really nice? Having a speaker that just worked without having to mess with it every couple of weeks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I agree, you shouldn't have to do that, azagtsr. Have you had a chance to work with one of our technicians? I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line. We'll take a look with you and get things working again, and hopefully find the root cause of what's giving you trouble.
Thank you for the reply, Ryan. I have been able to get it to work again. I have sold and set up dozens of Sonos systems since 2012, and I used to highly recommend your products. Unfortunately, I have found the number of "updates" quite frustrating over the last year. I completely understand the need to update the software to keep it functional. However, it is very annoying when features or buttons are moved/removed. It seems every update requires having to re-learn how or where certain functions are. Sonos used to be beautifully simple and easy to use. What would make me happy would be a way to update only the functionality and not make any changes to the use of the app. If there is such a function, please let me know. In the meantime, I can't continue to recommend any Sonos product to my customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad it's all sorted. There's a fine line between updating too much and not enough. We try to move forward with the Sonos app and hardware as much as possible, while trying not to disrupt your use of it too. The latest app changes were some big changes, and they're still in progress, but the first jump was a big one. I know it's a little awkward at times for some people, and we're working to improve that too. 8.2 is an improvement on 8.0, based on your feedback. And we'll continue to work on it.

The apps shouldn't be losing any features, though things might be in different places sometimes. You might remember the last change was just a little after you started up with Sonos. When we moved from the blue app to the black and white. It's about every couple years, give or take, that we try a redesign. And our team is constantly trying to improve the functionality and make it easier to play music.

We're even making firmware changes on players to improve functionality, like holding the play/pause to group or move music.
It looks like the thumbs up and down are gone again. Using my iPad app.

Can you please fix it again?