Answered

Sonos 1 Controller not working on desktop

• 3 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Following installation of a new Sky hub I am unable to connect to my Sonos system on my HP Desktop computer (Windows 10); however, I am able to connect to Sonos using my Android phone and tablets (both use the S1 app).

When I start the S1 Controller App on the laptop it opens with:

In the “More Options” section I tried “Connect to Existing Sonos System” and 

However, when I try to open the Sonos app again I get the same message as shown in the first screenshot (above).

I have just installed a new hub and updated new Wifi name and password on all my devices.

My system is:

• 1 x BRIDGE (Version 11.2.2
  • 2 x PLAY 1 (Version 11.2.2)
  • 1 x PLAYBAR (Version 11.2.2)

I have tried all the remedies in the website troubleshooting guide, i.e. unplug and restart router, etc.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Sonos1 app on desktop; and made sure VPN is turned off.

Thank you.>

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 3 September 2020, 23:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tinpiketoo.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Commonly, if Internet Connection Sharing is enabled on a computer (Windows or Mac), the Sonos app will likely fail to connect to the Sonos system.

Here are the steps to try and disable it for Windows:

1. Open Network Connections.
  2. ​​​​Right-click the network adapter with the active internet connection (Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapter)
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Click the Sharing tab.
  5. Uncheck Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection.
  6. Click OK to finish.

Hopefully, that solves it but if not, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app using the computer, by clicking the ‘More Options’ tab and choose ‘Submit Diagnostic’.

Please provide us the confirmation number, and I'd be glad to review your system further to see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.  I think I did a similar thing by making the network ‘private’ rather than ‘public’.

Back up and running now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tinpiketoo.

Thanks for your response and for the good news.

I’m so glad to hear that it’s back up and running now, you did great!

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

You are always welcome here in the community.

Cheers!