Request: View All Songs From An Artist or Genre - Google Play Music

• 14 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 22 replies
I use my Google Music library, but unlike on Google, where I can just view all songs from a genre, in Sonos I can only view each album from that genre, and then from there I can drill down further to see the one or two songs I have from that album, before backing out of the album, and going into each individual one to see the rest of the songs. It makes no sense, and makes it virtually impossible to create a queue or playlist by genre, unless you have an extreme amount of time and patience.

Hint for Sonos if they decide to actually help on this issue (doubtful): Google also breaks it down by album, but the first "album" is actually just a "see all" folder, that shows every single song from that genre or artist. That way you can access all the songs together, without having to click in and out of every album.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, FTT. Thanks for posting and sharing your feedback. The way music services display content within the Sonos app is built in partnership through some dedicated engineering work on both sides. I am happy to forward this topic along to our team for visibility and consideration, however, you may want to pass this feedback along to the Google Play team as well. Feel free to keep the conversation going with more feedback. The team here is always looking for ways to make Sonos better.

Thanks again.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey Keith. I appreciate you offering to look at it. The Google app already has the functionality I want built in to their app version and browser version. You guys also must have it, because you can see the genre of songs in my library, so I'm sure you could eliminate the album view. Perhaps I'm missing something, it just seems all the pieces are there for you. Nonetheless, I will send the suggestion to Google as well. Thanks for taking a look at it!