List view with full album names and years of release?

• 18 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to switch from tile view to a list view after I search and access any particular artist? In tile view almost all album names are truncated. Also, it would be nice (actually more than nice... it should be And a way to quickly distinguish between albums and singles should be included. For an app this old, I wonder why these basic features are not already present. Or, if they are, where did you hide them, Sonos???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Albums vs singles would need that distinction in the tags. Not only do ID3 tags typically not allow marking a distinction between an album/EP/single (other than hacking "EP" or "single" into the album name), but Sonos reads and stores the absolute minimum tagging information to enable browse/search navigation (so no "year" tags for date-based sorting).
Well, I am sure there is a way if there is a will. When you search and access an artist in Apple Music, you can immediately see Albums, Singles, Live Albums etc. It also displays the year. Spotify does it too (some screen-shots attached). And Tidal shows albums, EPs & Singles etc.
Sonos should find a way to get that data and use it. Because it is orderly, timesaving and logical. USEFUL.