Question

Kill switch for app updates?

• 1 November 2017
  • 27 replies

Since when should Sonos get to decide that a perfectly functional version of the iPhone controller will no longer work? And then have the site undergo maintenance so that it doesn't direct you to the App Store for the update. What it for some reason you don't have a connection? What if you were simply planning to listen to your own music on your own system, all of which you have paid for with your own money. I want Sonos to make it possible to say "LATER" to the update screen and let me go about my business. This intervention in my personal life and enjoyment of my property is unacceptable.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Badge
Y'all condescending af on this forum. Really. I'm not sure if every other reply here is from an employee forced to say those things or what, but I have never seen this for a "luxury" brand/product. Sonos screwed up by not having the simplest toggle in their software (i.e. "ignore updates and play music like you were meant to do"). It's that simple and yet it's not in place yet. Why?