Is there a way to keep using CR100 after april 2018

• 1 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
I am a GREAT fan of Sonos but I am one of those dinosaurs who like HiFI you can touch and I LOVE my dedicated hardware controllers CR100 for my SONOS system. Having the SONOS app on my Smartphone along with a lot of other apps is just not as intuitive to me when I want to control my Sonos as the CR100 is.
I have just heard that service of the CR100 will be discontinued April 2018 and that they will even be locked out of my SONOS system and thereafter useless.
To say it mildly I am very disapointed!!! I do understand that Sonos will not update these very old controlers any more but WHY cut them out of the system for good???
I would gladly accept limited funtionality from these units and keep it to Mute/Volume control and Next/play/pause if it ment that I could keep these online.

PLEASE SONOS RECONSIDER and let the CR100 have a place in my brilliant SONOS system. PLEASE!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would gladly accept limited funtionality from these units and keep it to Mute/Volume control and Next/play/pause
In the absence of CR100 one of these would pretty much address those requirements (plus give access to Favourites and a preset 'Scene'). See here for more info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
And the £100 voucher would cover the purchase of this.