ios 14.6app crashing everytime

• 10 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I have iPhone XR 14.6

i installed it and set up 2 sonos one speakers. It does the setup and then asks to register and update. But then it is unable to do it and says unable to update at this time. Upon multiple tries, same result occurs.

I click ‘will do later’ but then I keeps showing that speakers need updating. Then I try to go back to update, and then it starts crashing, saying unable to connect. 
if I give up and go to it again some other time, it is not even able to connect to Sonosite and just stop working. 
I have uninstalled and installed multiple times without any result. 
At the moment, these speakers are dud to me. Need some sorting out.

I have tried this on iPhone max as well 14.6 and same result occurs. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m currently running the later iOS release 14.7.1 on my iPhone XR and both the current S1/S2 Apps are working okay here for me. Same also on my iPad. 

Perhaps update your operating system on the phone and see if that fixes it for you. Maybe also try temporarily switching off any iPhone security features you may have in place, like firewall, VPN and the ‘Private Address’ (MAC spoofing) option in the phones WiFI connection properties and perhaps try the public DNS server 8.8.8.8 to see if those things may resolve your issue,

Updated to 14.7.1.

I don’t know how to change firewall settings etc. still not working! Situation unchanged.

And are you talking about firewall etc on phone or router?

can you forward any relevant links here that I can follow!

Thanks again

Updated to 14.7.1.

I don’t know how to change firewall settings etc. still not working! Situation unchanged.

The suggestion was basically only if you do have any firewall or security software Apps installed on your mobile devices, if you haven’t, then ignore those points in my earlier post.. Sometimes folk may use works mobile’s, for example, and have firewalls and/or VPN’s installed that can stop the Sonos devices being discovered on the network via multicast.

Anyhow, what router are you using (make/model)? Do you have any other wireless access points in your network setup or any switches (managed or unmanaged)?

Temporally, wire a unit to your network, then attempt the update. If this fails, uninstall the SONOS App from your phone and reinstall a fresh copy.