Cr100

• 7 May 2017
  • 9 replies

Cr100 controller

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Yep, CR100.

Was there a question involved?:)
I'm a new Sonos owner, as of December. I am impressed with the playbase and sonos one I have, with the quality and sound. Being new I was not aware of the Cr100. Sounds like what my only complaint is with the products I own. No controller except your personal smartphone. The TV industry was supposed to fix the loud commercials some time ago with a new update just months ago. But they, in our area continue to blast the sound during commercials. We have to go to our iphone open it up via fingerprint, wait for that to open, scroll through the aps to find sonos. and then turn the volume down. By then moments later the commercial is over and the iphone timed out and shut down. Now start all over to turn the volume back up. This is unacceptable in this day and age.
Yes, you can control volume via a set top hand held but it will only work with two devises. The cable box and TV or the cable box and Sonos. Thus, when programmed to the Sonos you can not turn the TV on and off. Bummer. Your engineers should be able to fix this. I am very happy with the product, as the sound quality is exceptional. But the time it takes to control the volume is not.
Is there a handheld remote in the works???
The Playbar can be configured to use your TVs remote for volume, while it still controls the TV. Might want to read the instructions...
The TiVo handheld remote will do that but as I explained above it will only control two things. The TiVo box and Sonos. Not the TV. Thus we can not turn off or on the TV.
Then get yourself one of those RCA untversal remotes for $5 or $10 to control the volume of the Sonos, and turn the TV on/off, etc. I don’t really understand how Sonos is to blame here for something that’s not really even an issue...
Gosh chincks, I hope you don't work for Sonos. I clearly can read as I said I got my TiVo remote to work with the playbase. If I wanted to buy another remote to control this system I could and might. I simply am stating that I think Sonos could offer or design a remote that could do all three. The playbase, owners TV, and owners cable box. I can't be the only one with this issue. Having multiple remotes to do different functions is inconvenient, in my opinion. If you're not having problems fine, but I am and it's my comment. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Preston S. We don't have a remote that we recommend for this specific purpose. It seems the limitation exists both in the third-party equipment and our own product. As such, I would be happy to forward this as feedback for you. Hopefully we can form a solution for you and others that also share this issue. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for the reply Edward R. Glad to here I'm not the only one having this problem. Thanks for passing it on for a possible solution. I am very happy with the speakers as I said. Look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Badge
I have two cr100s. For the last ten or so years I have used them as table clocks. Internet time they keep great time. I wrote the clock and a lot of the original software can we cr100 stranded owners get a last tied off release that gives us my clock and maybe the never released weather app back