"Check your network connection" error message

Badge
I've downloaded the most recent version of the Sonos Mac Controller from the Sonos.com site.

The Mac App will only display Favorites and songs loaded into the queue from my iPhone. Trying to select any service (Tunein, Apple Music, Pandora, etc) doesn't work and it says I'm not connected to the network.

However, I can start and stop musich in the queue and see and start playing items that in my Sonos Favorites category (that were added from my iPhone).

I went to Preferences > Services and selected Apple Music. I then selected my account and clicked Reauthorize Account to see if that would help. At that point, I get the following dialog box.

Clicking on Try Again just shows the same screen over and over and over.

My Mac App is on the same wireless network as the Sonos speakers and again, it can control the speakers (play/pause) but only for music added by my phone.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, mw2319. Welcome to the community. This seems like a firewall issue. This article should show you how to adjust it.
I have the same issue trying to add pandora after the lates update, i dont have a firewall since iam using iphone ipad
Same here, same problem since updating the app. I cannot connect on my Android phone or my laptop over wifi. Windows Firewall setting is allowing Sonos through so that's not the problem. I get the same error message shown above.
Userlevel 2
I have the same problem, but I'm running the app on Windows 7. Happened right after updating. Trying to play Pandora on my Sonos and I'm told that I need to reauthorize my account. I click reauthorize and then I get told to check my network connection. I can access SoundCloud, TuneIn Radio, AccuRadio etc. on my Sonos with the Window app and with the Android app. I can access Pandora on my computer through my browser. Just can't access Pandora on my Sonos. I'm not impressed. 😠
Userlevel 3
Badge
I'm having the same issue - running a Galaxy Note 8 with the latest flavor of Nougat. When I attempted to browse Pandora it was saying I needed to reauthorize my account. When I tried to reauthorize, I got the network error. This is the only service for which this is a problem. I tried deleting the Pandora service from Sonos but now I can't add it back in at all because I get the same errors.

A few other observations:

1. I have Sonos setup with my Echo dots and both Amazon Music and Pandora linked.
2. After I initially received the 'your account needs to be reauthorized' error, I could still invoke Pandora on Sonos using Alexa. In other words, I could still say "play pink floyd radio on living room" and the Sonos app would show this station playing in my living room zone. The skip and play/pause controls were still functional despite not being able to browse or select another station from within the Sonos app. To be clear, this is not Pandora playing through line-in. There are no physical connections between my Echo dot and any Sonos component.
3. After I deleted Pandora from my Sonos app - it would still work fine if invoked by Alexa.
4. I attempted to disable the Sonos skill from Alexa and also delete Pandora from Alexa and re-add. Neither helped.

Pandora works fine from mobile app and also through web - my guess here is something has gone sideways in Sonos' latest update.

Any advice anyone?
I'm having same issue. Happened after Sonos and Pandora update.
Userlevel 3
Badge
So the obvious question...who among us is trying to access Pandora from outside US with a VPN or DNS service like unotelly?
Very frustrating! Same issue here. Pandora has been linked to my Sonos system for years and worked great until 2 updates ago (maybe a bit more than a week). Pandora App on my phone/PC works great. Pandora app can "see" Sonos in that I now get a list of my Sonos rooms within the Pandora App on my phone. Tapping any saved stations within Sonos (iPhone, iPad, or PC) results in a "reauthorize account" error. Any attempt to add a new Pandora account or reauthorize the current fails with this error. I'd hoped the dot release earlier this week was to fix this, but it's not. I've deleted Pandora and Sonos from my phone and installed fresh from the App Store - nothing changes.

Sonos... please help!! I could care less about accessing Sonos rooms from within the Pandora App. But I stream Pandora almost exclusively on my Sonos system, and to have it broken means my whole house is without music for over a week!
Userlevel 3
Badge
David are you using a DNS service like unotelly or unlocator to get Pandora outside of US?
Userlevel 2
Jeremy: are you trying to access Pandora from outside US with a VPN or DNS?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Well, the issue has now resolved itself. Just for giggles I went in last night and tried to re-add the Pandora service to Sonos and it worked.
@Jeremy... did you "do" anything to fix it? I am located in Boston. No special DNS. No attempt to get around regional restrictions. I can play Pandora from their app on my phone or from the web app on my PC without incident. It's only Sonos that isn't working. And this seems to directly coincide with the addition of the new Sonos/Pandora feature(s). We're still dead in the water. Would really love a solution!
@Jeremy... did you "do" anything to fix it? I am located in Boston. No special DNS. No attempt to get around regional restrictions. I can play Pandora from their app on my phone or from the web app on my PC without incident. It's only Sonos that isn't working. And this seems to directly coincide with the addition of the new Sonos/Pandora feature(s). We're still dead in the water. Would really love a solution!
Crickets, that’s all I hear, Pandora works fine from every other way imaginable , just not Sonos, and based on what I read from above , looks like I am not the only one