Question

Cannot get products to update

Badge

Since S1 launch, cannot get two of my four speakers to update.

Play 3 is connected via ethernet, fine

One Play 1 is updated, another 2 x Play 1 will not update.

So far have tried bringing all to same room, connecting them to ethernet, resetting speakers and adding them back into Sonos as new products. 

Still failing to update, and as such can’t be grouped now with other speakers. Also tried installing S2 app but as soon as it realises 2 speakers need an update it tries again and fails.

Error codes usually 30 and 1001 

Internet isn’t the problem

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi there,

These errors occur when Sonos tries to go through the update process, but the network communication between the Sonos products is timing out or failing.

1. If possible, move closer to your router with the device you are using to control Sonos and then try to update one more time.

2. If you continue to receive an error, reboot each one of the Sonos products in your home by unplugging them from power, waiting 10 seconds, and then reconnecting them to power. Once you have rebooted all of your products, ensure they all show up in your Sonos app, then try the update again.

Let us know the outcome after trying these steps.

Badge

Thanks for reply. In my original message I’ve gone through all I’ve tried so far, and I’ve also tried what you’ve suggested too already 

Badge

Badge

This is always the end outcome

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Understood, perhaps submit a diagnostic report within the Sonos app. Then, reply back with the confirmation number so I can take a closer look at your issue. 

Badge

Have done that on Twitter …. 

Badge

confirmation number is 361893090

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for posting the confirmation number here. Please try these steps:

·-Go to the Sonos app on a mobile device

·-Uninstall the S2 app if you have it installed here

·-We'd like you to try to update the S1 controller on a mobile device to the latest version first. Settings > system > system updates > check for updates.

·-After your system updates to the latest S1, please go through the update process again following the steps in the S1 app.  It should prompt you to update to S2.

Badge

Hi, this issue is still not resolved. If trying to use the S1 app, the problem speakers show up as ‘not registered.’

If using the S2 app, all speakers are visible, but the two problem speakers show up as ‘need updating.’

Updates always fail - errors 30, 1001, 1011, 1013 - they seem to change. Error 30 is the most common. Have uninstalled and reinstalled apps, factory reset speakers numerous times and set them up as new products. Tried updating as the sole speaker while connected via ethernet. Sonos customer service, via chat checked my network was okay using Team Viewer last week. Found no problems with it. 

Both speakers that have the problem show up as being on the S1 Sonos OS, version 11.1

Speakers that are working show as being on S2 Sonos OS, version 12.0.1

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

At this point, I would like you to unplug both “Stairs” and “Living Room” directly from power. Next, uninstall the S2 app from your mobile device and let me know if you are able to register and continue the update the two remaining products on the S1 app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Also, power cycle your WiFi router if you still get an error message during the update process.

Badge

okay, firstly what do you mean by ‘power cycle?’

I will try just having 2 speakers running on the S1 app, but when I have tried this previously they show as ‘not registered’ 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Many apologies for the confusion. When I mentioned to power cycle, I meant to turn off your router by unplugging it from power for few seconds and plug it back in. Wait a couple minutes for everything to come back online.

Keep in mind, temporarily remove the S2 app and both of the speakers that are currently up to date remained unplugged from power. After that, let me know if you are able to register the two other speaker and continue the update process.

Badge

also, have tried submitting diagnostics but app couldn’t do it 

Badge

have rebooted router, and tried to run S1 app. Products show up as ‘not registered’ 

When trying to sign into my account through the S1 app, it does not work. 

Tried app on iPad iOS, iPhone iOS, and Mac OS 

the closest I have ever got, at a point where I can see all my products is in the S2 app 

Badge

S1 app does not even sign into account properly. Message is: check your internet connection and make sure all your products are plugged in.

If you’re still having a problem, check the system’s settings on this device to make sure the date and time settings are correct.

Badge

out of interest, I looked at the date/time section in settings within the app and when selecting the slider to ‘set time from internet’ it does not stay on 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I understand, thanks for your patience working with us through this. As we are limited troubleshooting on the Community, I would recommend giving us a call in so we can continue troubleshooting live over the phone.