YouTube Music Organization on Sonos

Badge

Not all artists show up in Sonos.

Songs in YouTube music libraries are only shown by songs and not by albums. 

I cannot believe this is such a terrible experience.  I have been a Sonos user for 12 years., in three homes.   Degusted

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

You can thank the folks at Google/YouTube. The API written by Sonos hasn’t changed in any way, it’s only Google’s implementation of it. 

Badge

Thank you.  I am a tech guy.  I just cannot believe it can be this bad.  Virtually no good way to access your music library anymore within Sonos.

I moved my music to the cloud, Sonos has issues with that.

Moved to Google Play Music, not all songs show up no matter how many times I update

Moved to Youtube Music, songs don't show up and those that do are not shown by album.

Then you’re aware that the Sonos API works, and it’s just the implementation of others that is lacking. There are discussions in these forums all over the place, including comments from third party writers of Sonos management applications who have confirmed this. 

I’m not a huge fan of paying others for holding on to my own music, so I invested in an NAS, and have no issues whatsoever, although I do occasionally use Amazon music as well. Before that, I stored my music locally on a Mac and PC. 

Badge

Thanks.  The issue I had with that the last time I tried is Carbonite would not follow the path to the NAS to do backup’s.  Maybe I’m missing how to do it.

I am a big collector of live music so I have a lot of music.

What did you buy for NAS?  Any tips?  Thanks

I went mainstream, and got a Western Digital MyCloud. Although I’m leaning towards replacing it at some point with a Synology...but I’m no one who has useful knowledge about NAS devices. Do the research for what features you need, and be aware that Sonos still uses Samba v1 for the speakers to communicate with the NAS. 

Badge

Thanks.  Will still have my carbonite problem but guess there is no ideal solution.

So pissed.  Whether its Sonos’ fault or not I am now down on them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There is another thread saying that iBroadcast is a good option for this scenario.

And yes, this has NOTHING to do with Sonos. Instead blame the world’s largest advertising company (ie Google).

Badge

ok.  Still s****. I only moved to youtube because of problems getting Sonos to access my 65,000 song library once I moved it to the cloud.

Thanks

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.

Glad someone else has posted this. I raised the issue in another post.

After being forced to subscribe to You Tube I only have artists A-C showing up in the You Tube section in my Sonos app, yet all the music is in my You Tube app.

Sonos has no idea why this and supposed has reached out to You Tube.

You Tube can’t be reached by phone and doesn’t respond to emails.

You Tube is also not nearly as easy to use or is anywhere as good as Google Play Music was.

This is a complete cluster %#} and You Tube is nowhere to be found to respond or fix it!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This is a complete cluster %#} and You Tube is nowhere to be found to respond or fix it!!

Oh for sure. This is why you shouldn’t really trust your music collection to an advertising company.

Others have recommended iBroadcast for this scenario.

Badge

“After being forced to subscribe to You Tube I only have artists A-C showing up in the You Tube section in my Sonos app, yet all the music is in my You Tube app.”

Yup - you did better than I did.    I only get A - B

Truly can’t be believe it is this bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

“After being forced to subscribe to You Tube I only have artists A-C showing up in the You Tube section in my Sonos app, yet all the music is in my You Tube app.”

Yup - you did better than I did.    I only get A - B

Truly can’t be believe it is this bad.

Yeah its a numeric limit, probably 100 or 200 items at a guess. Google forgot to implement paging, or something.

Same 100 limit here. Reported it to Google months ago. No response.

The comically sad thing is it also has the 100 limit in Android Auto. I miss GPM.