Answered

Why has sonos app suddenly stopped listing my spotify albums

• 7 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Recently the sonos app suddenly stopped listing my spotify albums, stating that it has timed out and to contact spotify - even though it is sonos bug issue.  To add to the confusion the sonos app still allows me to access my playlists and individual songs

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 April 2024, 16:22

View original

9 replies

Yep. Same here. Desktop app still seems to work though. 

Unfortunately, I am getting the same problem with mobile and desktop 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @MIDAC and @Az1fW3Kar3,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! This has been passed along to the appropriate team and a bug report has been raised, however we’ve been unable to replicate it as it doesn’t seem to be affecting all users.

We don’t have any further information to share or have an ETA on when this will be resolved, but our team recommends following the message in the app to reach out to Spotify to report the issue with them.

I feared this would happen, but Spotify have pointed out that they have not carried out a software upgrade, whereas Sonos have. 

Pretty good reason to submit a diagnostic, and call Sonos, so they have some hard data to pass along to their own engineers.

Badge

I’m started having the same problem starting two days ago. I still get my Spotify Playlists and Songs list. Just no Albums. 

So, did you submit a diagnostic, and call Sonos? What did they say?

Badge

Not yet,  I seem to have solved the problem. 

Before the problem I changed my Spotify password, and updated the Sonos system with a reauthorization.  A day later I noticed the missing album list problem.  Since I had over 35 years of designing and writing  software I made a few observations about what was going on.  First I observed that both Spotify playlists and Song list data loaded.  Secondly I observed that there was approximately as many entries in songs as in albums. Thirdly I saw that Albums ended within 3 seconds before showing an error message, much faster then the load/display time of songs,  I concluded that the credentials for Albums did not get updated, which would cause the routine to quickly comeback, unfortunately with a misleading message. 

To test my theory I switched to another Spotify Account I have, all three lists loaded: Playlists, Songs, Albums.

I then switched back to my original Spotify Account, and tah dah, all three loaded, problem solved. So at least in my case (with certainty under 100%) there was a bug in album list data retrieval object not getting credentials properly updated, or related caching error.  When accounts are switched it is properly updated. I don’t expect to have the issue again until I update my Spotify password unless Sonos fixes that bug first. I’ll try to update Sonos Support when I have time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MIDAC et al

We have worked together with Spotify and now believe this issue to have been resolved. Should you still encounter this issue, please get in touch with our technical support team to report as much, though I’d recommend trying a reboot of the device running the Sonos app first.

Thank you for your patience.