WD My Cloud Home no artwork showing?

• 7 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 28 replies

Bought a WD My Cloud home and there is no artwork showing for the albums 

I am using My Cloud Home servi in sonos  as I can't  get the music folder to open in Music Library  as I did with my old NAS drive (,which  always showed album artwork)

Any ideas ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @skeck.

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be glad to assist and try to figure this out.

To better understand, I need to ask a few more details, and the more information we can gather will help us resolve the problem. 

Were you able to share or add the music library from your newly bought WD My Cloud to Sonos? 

If the music library was added and working, is the issue specific to ‘no artwork showing for the albums’?

To better understand, kindly submit a diagnostic report from the Sonos app using the controller you’re using for the music library, I'd start by reviewing your system.

For reference, here is our support article about Using a NAS drive with Sonos.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks 

It's  just when you using the sonos my cloud home service

If I go through mudic library the art  work is there 

Just thought it would be good to use the service 🤔 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @skeck.

Thanks for your response and sorry for the confusion.

If I understand it correctly, you’re only seeing the artwork on the music library, but not on the My Cloud Home service through the Sonos app.

It seems that showing the artwork in the Sonos app is not yet supported, and it is only available in your local music library.

I did some searches and found this similar thread that you can check:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/mycloud-service-album-art-support-6816960

Each music service's UI (User Interface) within the Sonos app is designed and implemented by the service themselves using the API (Application Programming Interface ) that Sonos provided.

The design, features, and control of these Music Services are mainly implemented by the service or the music partner themselves. 

I suggest that it would be best to get this concern coordinated with Western Digital (My Cloud Home) too, to let them know if there's a feature you're looking for. I'll make sure to log this as a feature request and pass it along with the team.

Please let us know if you have additional concerns. I'm happy to send them up for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

"If I understand it correctly, you’re only seeing the artwork on the music library, but not on the My Cloud Home service through the Sonos app."

Thanks for the reply

This is exaltation is happening 

Not so good that the My Cloud service isn't supported 

Thought this would have been a must 

Will just have to use the Music Library  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @skeck.

Thanks for your response and for considering the alternative of using the Music Library instead.

We highly appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we are always here to help.

All the best!