Skip to main content

unable to finish beam gen 2 set up

Hi.

just got the beam gen 2 - but i cannot add it to my system. It says not registered, lets fix it. Plays the chime, then i press the button at the back as instructed, and then it says “adding beam to system” then fails after couple of mins. Im using the latest version of iphone app

ive reset everything router, phone, beam. I cant get hold of anyone, live chat i go up in the queue not down. 

completely at a loss of what to do, if they hide all features behind an app it needs to be absolutely faultless.

does anyone have any ideas? it not i guess ill have to return it which is a shame, as it sounds/looks amazing   

Thanks in advance

louis 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

I think it’s app related. I’m trying to add a new Sonos amp and a new port and both made it through the setup until the registration process. They both show up on the app as not registered. I’ve been through the “fix it” process a dozen times to no avail. 

Userlevel 1

Yeah i think it is as well, i guess we just have to wait for a fix 🤷‍♂️

Same issue. We are about to return the Sonos Beam and go for a Bose, change out the whole system.

Has anyone heard about a fix to this problem from Sonos? The”help” function isn’t very helpful.

Userlevel 1

I read if you sign out of sonos account, toggle wifi off and on via phone then sign back in it works. But no joy for me, the error message just comes up faster now 😂 

i cant get hold of anyone at support the wait is too long, ive tried everything suggested multiple times. Clearly there are serious issues with the new app and to keep all features/settings behind it essentially makes it useless for me.  

are there any Sonos staff on the forum here that can help before i return? Sonos advertise this as a place for support 

Hey Sonos, are you listening to your customers? At the minimum, you should offer a way for us to revert to the old APP while you get this problem fixed.

Me too!!!….I have five Sonos amps, all work great.  I was forced to upgrade to new app and had to use it to install my last amp (total=6) for some reason, it won’t register?… went through what everyone said above to no avail.  It does, however show up on Apple Music which works.  I just can’t open it in Sonos to make treble/ base changes etc...HELP SONOS!!!!

And yes I agree!!….Sonos, offer up the older app until you can fix this issue!

Userlevel 1

With the app update today, ive now managed to register the beam to my system. Fingers crossed no more issues 

I have Sonos systems in five rooms.  I tried setting up Beam 2 yesterday to replace old “Sonos Playbar.”   It wouldn’t register.  After hours of trying to set up with my iPhone, Ingot my iPad.  That resolved the issue.  Try using a separate device than your iPhone because your phone is  mucking up the process.  Don’t ask me how,  try it.  

Badge +1

Trying to add another Gen1 beam to system using new app on iPad. Doesn’t work wired although get further wireless. Get to chime and then finalising and then it fails. Can someone confirm this is an app problem. Tried another iPad but haven’t tried my iPhone as it’s still got the old “working” app on it and not upgrading until the issues are fixed. Tried factory reset and still no joy. 

thanks

David 

Userlevel 1

Trying to add another Gen1 beam to system using new app on iPad. Doesn’t work wired although get further wireless. Get to chime and then finalising and then it fails. Can someone confirm this is an app problem. Tried another iPad but haven’t tried my iPhone as it’s still got the old “working” app on it and not upgrading until the issues are fixed. Tried factory reset and still no joy.

No idea, sorry. Sonos are being v quiet about the whole thing, considering they use this community as a support function and then dont help is very telling. Personally i think its an app issue, as soon as they sent a patch out on ios, it worked first time for me, so i would say say make sure you’ve not missed any updates/patches etc. other than that i have no clue.

good luck tho, i wont buy anymore sonos products until they can build a basic app. I just use bluetooth for my era 300, as the app is so sluggish and fails all the time. 

And still this issue persists.

tried factory resets, reinstalling the app, turning the wifi off and on, depowering wifi router. 

unable to register my Beam, unable to add any services, unable to activate the microphone. With the app in its current form the Beam does not work properly and yet there is nothing physically wrong with the speaker.

incredibly frustrating and also very poor service from Sonos.

If we post in this thread, Will we get notified if sonos finds a fix?

why isn’t this obvious disaster getting addressed by the company, especially on this forum when it’s obviously been going on for some time. I just found out yesterday while trying to add a roam sl and being forced to update app for my products to “function” that in fact the newest and all the older products I spent a lot of cash(like everyone else here) on now don’t work at all or the same or won’t register for the newest. my system disappears now then pops back up then says I have no products…

what is it going to take for the sonos company to service all their unhappy customers and fix the app which is quite obviously the problem or like others have requested allow the old app to work until the tremendous bugs in the new app get addressed.

I knew I should have stuck to my old hard wired cerwin vegas and my realistic tuner and cd deck! this is horrrrible.

Shame on you Patrick Spence for allowing us all to hang in the wind after all the money we’ve spent on your products!

Just found a workaround that worked for my beam gen 2. Too bad I burned a few hours trying reboots, reinstalls, rebooting router, etc. ...and then sat on hold waiting for sonos support for over an hour. Found the post below while on hold. It was so nice to hang up that support call - I didn't need to wait in the queue any longer, I fixed it myself! Nya nya sonos!

Well, a person posting here mentioned they were able to set up their system by ditching their iPhone and instead using their iPad.  I gave it a try and it worked perfectly! 

Obviously, the problem must be the interface between the Sonos app and the iPhone.  I will report this issue to Apple to see what they say.

in the meantime, I’m enjoying my new Sonos system.

Been using my Ipad to try and register Beam, no luck. Perhaps I will download the Sonos app on my iphone and see what happens.

was hoping the recent app update would sort it.