Unable to add songs to the queue

My Sonos system refuses to add spotify play lists to queue.  Sono’s blames spotify, spotify blames Sonos.  They both blame network.   Has anyone been succesfull with Sono’s playing shared spotify playlists that are over 2000 songs?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My Sonos system refuses to add spotify play lists to queue.  Sono’s blames spotify, spotify blames Sonos.  They both blame network.   Has anyone been succesfull with Sono’s playing shared spotify playlists that are over 2000 songs?

As a test, have you tried this from the Spotify App?

Everything works fine using the Spotify App?  I’m thinking since the play list as 2300 songs, it may be to large for Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Everything works fine using the Spotify App?  I’m thinking since the play list as 2300 songs, it may be to large for Sonos.

I don’t think so as the Sonos limits are 1,000 playlists, up to a maximum of 40,000 tracks in total.  But the issue does appear to be on the Sonos side of things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you try something else as a test.  Please add the Playlist to your Sonos Favorites and then retry?

When I try that I get an error message Unable to add all tracks.  When I check the playlist it had 12 songs.  What does work is I can copy all 2389 songs from the Spotify list to the Sono’s queue.  It took 3 to 4 mintues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

When I try that I get an error message Unable to add all tracks.  When I check the playlist it had 12 songs.  What does work is I can copy all 2389 songs from the Spotify list to the Sono’s queue.  It took 3 to 4 mintues. 

Can you then save the queue as a Sonos Playlist?

I was able to save the queue as a Sonos Playlist.  However this defeats the purpose of being able to play spotify ones.  My boss adds and removes songs to our main spotify list and the Sonos playlist would not update on its own. 

One update is while the queue had all 2389 songs when I saved it and go back to it.  It only saved 2826 of the songs. 

I was able to save the queue as a Sonos Playlist,  while the queue had all 2389 songs when I saved it and go back to it.  It only saved 2826 of the songs. 

One more thing I have noticed that while playing all the songs in the Sonos queue.  I will randomly get the error message “Unable to play (song name) the connection to Spotify was lost.  So it just jumps to the next song without any issues. 

Lastly, there are no network issues.  The four Sonos Ports are on their own dedicated VLAN set with static IP address.  Connected to network that has two gateway switches  each with a  500Mbps fiber circuit connection doing load balancing.