Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to add entire Synology NAS Music share to Music Library due to indexing of iTunes folders.

• 30 December 2023
  • 2 replies

When trying to add my iTunes music folder to my Music Library, the indexing runs for a minute then fails with “<share path> is no longer available. The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on, or the path may have changed.”  I have been researching this and I’m not the only one experiencing this issue.  I have drilled further from the iTunes Music folder to the next level (the Artist) and it will add the music instantly seeing the album and then song.

I am running DSM 7.2, Sonos S2 Version 15.11 on both Windows 11, and IOS.  SMBv1 set as minimum with SMBv3 as maximum.  

Diagnostics submitted: 2120586443.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @EddieK2676, welcome to the Sonos Community!

For music library issues, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team to troubleshoot with them. They’ll be able to remote into your system to adjust the necessary settings and can see what exactly is going wrong/preventing the Music Library from indexing.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Jamie.  I did contact Sonos Support and they were able to help me with the specific settings that needed to be enabled on the Synology NAS.  My Music Library has been configured.