Answered

tunein endless loop of commercials

• 5 November 2022
  • 33 replies

TuneIn just plays endless loops of commercials and never gets to the actual station anymore.

I don’t mind a few ads,  but an endless loop?!

it happens on almost every station I try.

I should also say that this only happens on Sonos.

it works great in my car and phone.

any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 November 2022, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @beynym 

Ah! What I see there is a search result with favourites included. This explains why you were still able to find them in a search. Those results are like desktop shortcuts to files that have been deleted on a computer - the shortcut exists, but not what it points to. I think both stations have been removed from TuneIn completely.

myTuner will do the trick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I think both stations have been removed from TuneIn completely.

Allegro Jazz has been removed, that is true. Too bad, for I liked it a lot. But Jazz Radio Blues still is present in TuneIn and it's still broadcasting only commercials. I just checked. Something's still rotten there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @beynym 

OK, I’ll report this and someone will be able to then report it to TuneIn. Could you do me a quick favour and try a search from a mobile device instead and let me know the results? It might only be showing up on the Desktop controller, as my Android searches were absent of matching results, and this would be very pertinent. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @beynym 

OK, I’ll report this and someone will be able to then report it to TuneIn. Could you do me a quick favour and try a search from a mobile device instead and let me know the results? It might only be showing up on the Desktop controller, as my Android searches were absent of matching results, and this would be very pertinent. Thanks.

A screen pic from my iPhone, taken just now, shows Jazz Radio Blues still being present in Sonos Radio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks so much, @beynym 

Well, that knocks one theory out of the park 😂

I pass this up the chain of command and will update here when I have something I can share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @beynym 

My colleague (also in NL) got the same results as yourself - 1 search result, but it only plays ads. I assume the station just isn’t available to me in the UK via TuneIn. 

We’ll let TuneIn know about the issue - once they fix it, Sonos Radio will get the updated URL list within a week. In the meantime, you can use myTuner as mentioned, or add this URL http://broadcast.infomaniak.ch/jazzblues-high.mp3 by following the instructions below:

Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:

1. From the Browse tab, select TuneIn.
  2. Tap My Radio Stations.
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station.
  4. Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK.
  5. The station will be listed and available in the My Radio Stations section under TuneIn.

Using the Sonos App for Mac or PC:

1. Select Manage and Add Radio Station.
  2. Paste in the streaming URL of the station you wish to add, and type in the name of the station.
  3. From the Sonos music menu, navigate to TuneIn > My Radio Stations where the newly added station will be listed.

On a Mac, the “Manage” menu can be found in the toolbar in the top left corner of the screen. On a PC, the “Manage” menu is found at the top left of the Sonos application.

Doing this will bypass TuneIn/Sonos Radio completely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks a lot for your tenacity and help in solving this matter. In the meantime I've added myTuner Radio to Sonos (per your advice) and that allowed me to listen to Jazz Radio Blues, as I was used to do before.

Amazing Blues radio on Sonos Tunein is continuously playing ads. 

added MyTuner and right to the station. 

THANKS!!