Question

Trying create stereo pair & keep getting same message

Badge +1

I’m trying to pair 2 Play:1s as a stereo pair. When it click on “Set up stereo pair” I then get a pop-up that says “ before we begin. We need to restart your products.” I then click “Restart products” getting another pop-up that says “ please close the Sonos app and wait a few minutes while your products restart, and try again.” No amount of closing the app, waiting, & trying again seems to work. It’s like I’m stuck in a do-loop. I’ve restarted my network to include cable modem, WiFi, firewall, & speakers…all without success.

Any ideas?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User197837 

Thanks for your post!

This is most unusual - I’ve not heard of this happening before, and it sounds pretty annoying!

It sounds like you’ve tried rebooting the speakers and the router. Have you also tried rebooting the phone that you are using? If not, please do so.

If the issue persists after that, could you please submit a support diagnostic immediately after recreating the issue and reply here to let me know it has been submitted? Please don’t post the number though - I’ll find it. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Has there been a resolution to this problem? I am having the same issue and it is highly frustrating not being able to add my new sub mini to my system.

I am also having the same problem for about a week.  Very frustrated.

After spending about 2 hours troubleshooting this with Sonos support today, the issue couldn’t be resolved so an RMA was initiated and I will be receiving a replacement from Sonos.

My problem is with trying to add Era 300s to an Arc.  I can’t add a sub, add the Eras or stereo pair the Eras.  All worked fine when I had Play 1s connected.  Can’t even add them back now.  Very disappointed with Sonos and I have a fairly large collection of speakers.  Haven’t tried anything with any others because I’m afraid they’ll get screwed up too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@User197837 , @Trajan78@Allee2004 is it safe to assume these are recent purchases?  

Since @Allee2004 reports the units require RMA, perhaps @User197837 and @Trajan78 should return the items to their retailer, assuming they are still in the return windows.  Why bother waiting two hours on the phone and deal with the hassle of a Sonos RMA when you can just return the item as defective and order a new pair.

My sub was brand new; purchased 2 days before the attempted install.

My Arc is old, my Sub is old.  The Eras were new, but I can’t even connect the old surrounds that used to work or the sub anymore.

My problem is with trying to add Era 300s to an Arc.  I can’t add a sub, add the Eras or stereo pair the Eras.  All worked fine when I had Play 1s connected.  Can’t even add them back now.  Very disappointed with Sonos and I have a fairly large collection of speakers.  Haven’t tried anything with any others because I’m afraid they’ll get screwed up too.

Don’t Factory Reset anything without further consult. Factory Reset will complicate the issues. Reboot is OK. Have you rebooted ARC and SUB? Which controller App are you using?

Have rebooted.  Using the latest app.

Badge +1

Hi @User197837 

Thanks for your post!

This is most unusual - I’ve not heard of this happening before, and it sounds pretty annoying!

It sounds like you’ve tried rebooting the speakers and the router. Have you also tried rebooting the phone that you are using? If not, please do so.

If the issue persists after that, could you please submit a support diagnostic immediately after recreating the issue and reply here to let me know it has been submitted? Please don’t post the number though - I’ll find it. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

I tried from both my iPad & iPhone multiple times with the same result. I submitted the diagnostic report…it took 3 times to submit it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User197837 

Thanks! We have identified an issue and are investigating, Thanks for reporting, and for the assist.

I’ve tagged this thread with the issue tracker - I’ll update you all here once I hear of a resolution being implemented.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

Thanks.

Spent my whole night trying to pair two eras and connect to my amp for surrounds but got the exact same issue. Waiting for a hot fix here.

Same issue here. Just received two Era 100s. Stuck in same loop. Reset everything- no difference. I am not wasting more of my life tonight but would dearly love a solution.

Also experiencing this same issue on some new Era 300s

Badge

Ah. Glad I’m not the only one. 
creating stereo pair, adding to arc, removing surrounds all result in the same garbage message 

can’t believe I chose to upgrade any of this garbage. Moving forwards will be a gradual switch to an alternative I think. 

I'm on that same train trying add a sub back to my playbar.