TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Show first post

338 replies

I'm going to try it using my daughter's iPhone this evening and see if it works. It definitely does not using my ipad.

Userlevel 3
Badge

For me, Trueplay tuning is still (!!) impossible with the new app, it hangs and just won't work.

With iPhone 13 here, latest app, and just 2 One SL it still gets stuck at the Begin Tuning button … 🤬

Trueplay normally works in my kitchen with Symfonisk speaker and Apple Ipad OS but in living room with Arc soundbar Trueplay does not work! What's the problem? The last update from a few days ago did not fix the situation! Very frivolous from such a reputable firm! This has never happened before the last updates! 

Same issue. Old app at old house worked good. I tried on 9 different Sonos speakers. The only one that kind of worked was the ERA. However, the beeping started and lasted for over 10 minutes and didn’t stop. 

It is incredible to me how every software update sonos releases makes the product exponentially worse and hardly usable.

Now, no volume control with iPhone side buttons, Alexa doesn’t work, can’t equalize volume, app freezes constantly. Hours of troubleshooting per week. Ridiculous. 

Hire some Google software engineers Sonos! 

I spent the last 5 hours trying to TruePlay to work on the Arc.

Nothing I did would work. 

Reset everything, even my entire Ipad.

Spent hours waiting for support to answer.

Only to be told to do the exact things I had already done and checked.

Sonos sucks!

I should have listened to all the people who complained.

I thought they were just novice users getting stuck on something simple.

But this simply does not work.

Thank you for wasting 5 hours of my free time Sonos.

I am returning this piece of junk and telling EVERYONE to NOT BUY SONOS!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m starting to loose my patient!!!

Before I had a dedicated Yamaha Home Theater Rerciver and Klipch Dolby Atmos system. But I moved into a smaller appermant en I wanted to have a more minimalistic and stylish setup.

I thought Sonos was like Apple “It just works”. You set it up one time and then you can forget about it and just enjoy the experience. I bought ARC, 2 x Sub Gen 3, two ERA 300. And here in Norway this was VERY expensive. It worked great for a month and I was happy with the movie sound. The music was suffering a little bit because the stereo separation is lacking because the channels are so close. But I knew this going in, it can not compete with a dedicated home theater system, So I was happy with my Sonos system.

UNTIL THE NEW APP CAME!! The sound from the ERA 300’s came and went, like a bed connection. (This problem was fixed with the latest app update and factory resetting them) AND TRUEPLAY STOPPED WORKING AND STILL DOES NOT WORK!!

I have tried different iPhones and iPads. I have the latest app yesterday. But Trueplay still does not work for me. Tried with both my iPhone and two different iPads. It plays the testing sounds for about 30 seconds. Then the sounds stop, but the Trueplay interface continues, saying it's still listening to the test sounds, even though it's quiet. I have tried to let this continue for about 5 minutes, but it doesn't stop. So I have to finish setting up Trueplay. I have tried to connect/ disconnect the WI-FI from both the ARC and Sub, but it makes no difference.

How can it be so difficult to make Trueplay work?? Sonos and systems that are not dedicated sourroud systems are crap without electronic analyzing the sound by a dedicated chip. PLEASE SONOS LISTEN TO YOUR DEDICATED FANS!!!

Lars

Any word from Sonos 'support' on when this True play issue will be fixed?

Beam Gen 2

Sub Mini

iPhone 15 Pro Max

all devices are as updated as possible with current softwares available and Trueplay will not calibrate. Gets stuck on “you’re beam gen 2 will now play some test tones” screen on the app and will not go any further. 

I deleted the iOS Sonos App and reinstalled after a restart to no avail. 

Yeah, it seemed to work for a hot minute after the last app update, but now I’m experiencing the same issue where it won’t play the test tones.  The “Continue” button just seems dead.

Glad to see Sonos has sacrificed basic system functionality for a lukewarm AirPods Max impersonation. Had to factory reset a whole room because it wouldn’t show up in the app, on Spotify or airplay even though it was connected and after setting up the 4 speakers again for around 45 minutes, the room now sounds noticeably worse due to Sonos’ inability to not break previously working features (Arc/2xoneSL/SubGen2, with 15pm and iPad Pro 13”m4)

I agree with everyone else here that this app is abhorrent. I just had to spend an hour to get a sub connected to a new Sonos arc because the app either kept crashing or wouldn’t connect.  Now I’ve had Sonos speakers of one sort or another for 12+ years now and there’s always the hiccups with setup or devices losing connection to the app (this system is buggy and has always been) but I have to say that this new app update is an utter failure. 

I’m going to have to look into downsizing my stake in Sonos. 

Purchased a new Arc yesterday for my system, had not appreciated the issues with the app! Attempted Trueplay numerous time without any success. Finally got it to work by enabling the microphone, The microphone would not switch by pressing the arc button or by the app. The microphone light came on after adding the Sonos voice assistant. The app says it is still off!! I also played music before set up and stopped my iPhone Lock Screen coming on. Until the next something has gone wrong…

Purchased a new Arc yesterday for my system, had not appreciated the issues with the app! Attempted Trueplay numerous time without any success. Finally got it to work by enabling the microphone, The microphone would not switch by pressing the arc button or by the app. The microphone light came on after adding the Sonos voice assistant. The app says it is still off!! I also played music before set up and stopped my iPhone Lock Screen coming on. Until the next something has gone wrong…

I’m not following you 100% based on wording but I also enabled the voice assistant and I was greeted with Gus Fring telling me that it was enabled both times on the arc and a beam 2 and that did not resolve the TruePlay issue for me. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

New app update today did not resolve trueplay for me, still no toggle. 😤

version: 80.03.06

arc+2xsubs+2xera300

iphone 14 pro max

Finally TruePlay works again!

Still does not work on my iPad(s). It's a little bit worse because the app gets stuck on “Continue” and I have to reboot the iPad to make the app function again. 

Today’s app update on iOS did not fix true play tuning for me, still broken

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just got off support chat. Trueplay fails when 2xera300 is added to the arc. If you remove the era300s surrounds, trueplay works. When you add them back, it fails. They confirmed that it is a known issue and they are still working on it.  

arc+2xsubs+2xera300

iphone 14 pro max

Just got off support chat. Trueplay fails when 2xera300 is added to the arc. If you remove the era300s surrounds, trueplay works. When you add them back, it fails. They confirmed that it is a known issue and they are still working on it.  

arc+2xsubs+2xera300

iphone 14 pro max

this isn’t my issue, I’m only using an arc and a sub. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Does anyone have an issue with Trueplay actually running but not making any audible difference at all? I replaced a stereo pair of One’s with a stereo pair of Era 100’s that are in the exact same spots and the Ones had a very clear change in sound when toggling Trueplay on/off whereas the new Era 100’s have no audible difference in the exact same location.

Ive run it multiple times using both the quick and advanced tuning methods and find no difference at all. Why would the Ones require a good amount of correction in a spot and the Era’s none at all in the same location? I find that odd and makes me question if Trueplay is actually even working? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Trueplay not working here either from iOS. It’s mid-June, Sonos, this disaster should have been fixed by now. Hope those cans are selling well, because that was clearly more important than issues in an alpha release app. Terrible service to your customers.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

arc+2xsubs+2xera300

iphone 14 pro max

No era300s here and no Trueplay luck. 

TruePlay doesn't even show up as an option on my iPad Mini for an arc and two era 100s (and I'm reading many other people with iPads having an issue as well) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I just tried again (iPhone) and was able to TruePlay all of my rooms finally. Various combinations of Play:1’s, Play:3’s, One’s, Five, Arc.

I just tried again (iPhone) and was able to TruePlay all of my rooms finally. Various combinations of Play:1’s, Play:3’s, One’s, Five, Arc.

Still no dice for me.