Trueplay Fails after test tone w Speaker Problem error. Arc+2 One SL+Sub

• 18 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to retune my system of Arc + 2x One SLs + Sub, after rearranging my room. But every time I run Trueplay, after the first test tone run, I get the “Speaker Problem” error message asking me to check WiFi network. All speakers are working fine and connected to the WiFi. I have rebooted them. Rebooted the router. Even updated the networking settings in the Sonos App. They are updated to the latest firmware. Using an iPhone 14 Pro Max to run the diagnostic. When I ran Trueplay the first time, I had no issues. Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Try deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app and reboot your phone.

If the App reset, re-install, reboot is not successful, reboot the SONOS products. Refrain from any SONOS Factory Reset without further consult.

Also, check the microphone on the iOS device in use, to ensure it’s not obstructed. Remove any case for that device, too. If memory serves, the microphone in use is not the large one that you’d speak in, but the pinhole one that often is next to the camera lens. There have been a few report in these forum of those being covered by dirt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I never realized there was a second mike, on my list of things to keep an eye on now. Thanks

It’s pretty small, and fairly easy to get ‘blocked’ by crud. I’m only 75% sure that this is the microphone they use, but worth keeping clean, as Apple uses this to measure ambient noise to deal with telephone usage. 

Badge

Also, check the microphone on the iOS device in use, to ensure it’s not obstructed. Remove any case for that device, too. If memory serves, the microphone in use is not the large one that you’d speak in, but the pinhole one that often is next to the camera lens. There have been a few report in these forum of those being covered by dirt. 

Actually, during the process you have to turn the iPhone around with the main (bottom) mike facing up, so Sonos has taken that into account. It is not using the secondary mike on the iPhone. But thanks for the input. 

Badge

If the App reset, re-install, reboot is not successful, reboot the SONOS products. Refrain from any SONOS Factory Reset without further consult.

Yes. I did have a chat with a support person at Sonos. They said to switch off Trueplay and re-enable it and then run it. I will try that today. No rebooting or factory reset anything. But I wish retuning would be simpler.

Now that I think about it, I actually think both are in use, but I’ll be interested in your experience. 

Yes. I did have a chat with a support person at Sonos. They said to switch off Trueplay and re-enable it and then run it. I will try that today. No rebooting or factory reset anything. But I wish retuning would be simpler.

This worked for me. Thanks for sharing.