Skip to main content
Answered

tidal dolby atmos?

• 16 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone,

Just started a trial with tidal and when i play a dolby atmos playlist on era 300’s through sonos app, i cant seem to be getting the atmos logo which means it’s not playong dolby atmos ? 

any thoughts ?

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Found another thread about it.  It’s on tidal apparently to get it sorted

unfortunately, we cannot yet stream Atmos from Tidal to Sonos.

Userlevel 1

Found another thread about it.  It’s on tidal apparently to get it sorted

Happen to have the thread in your history you could share?

Has Sonos said it's on Tidal?

Badge

Any updates on this? I’m looking forward to being able to listen Dolby Atmos music in my Sonos speakers.

Same issue, but when I use the Tidal app on the television it shows in the Sonos app as Dolby Atmos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same issue, but when I use the Tidal app on the television it shows in the Sonos app as Dolby Atmos.

The Tidal app on your TV can send music over a high-speed HDMI cable to your Sonos soundbar in whatever format it sees fit - in this case, Dolby Atmos.

But the Tidal music service on the Sonos app is not currently able to get your speakers to retrieve Dolby Atmos from Tidal over wifi. I’m sure this will come, like it did with Apple Music and Qobuz.

(Another example is the Apple Music app on Apple TV was able to send Lossless music to the Sonos Arc well before Apple Music on the Sonos app was able to send Lossless to the Sonos speakers.)

Thanks,I had Apple music but it wasn't working on Sonos anymore so I'm trying Tidal .

Hope these people taking my money, can get this mess sorted.

Or I'm afraid goodbye Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks,I had Apple music but it wasn't working on Sonos anymore so I'm trying Tidal .

Hope these people taking my money, can get this mess sorted.

Or I'm afraid goodbye Sonos.

I’d imagine with time Sonos will be able to play Tidal’s Dolby Atmos tracks within the music service on the app. The addition of Apple Music Lossless compatibility was a massive surprise to everyone when it arrived in May, so you never know when Tidal and Sonos will sort things - I’ve no doubt at all they will be in discussions, as it benefits both parties.

You’ll need to play via the TV for now of course…

Or try Amazon Music?