I have searched the various posts gogin back to 2017.
Current SONOS app is unable to connect to True NAS.
Steps taken to remove the problem
- Set up dedicated user on TrueNas for sonos
- enabled SMB1 CIF server on WIndows 10
- Removed SMB2/3 on freeNas (and then reinstated)
- Given full permissions on the mount pint (Plex) via True NAS ACL
Steps I will not be taking
- Reinstalling windows
- Creating a “sonos” user on windows
If anyone has experienced similar issues and has a working solution based on the facts above I would be glad to hear it.
Please do not ask a plethroa of “fact finding” questions about other services /users connecting to the TrueNAs mount point /datapool - they can. This is a SONOS specific issue which the tech guys consider is beneath their attention.