Answered

System won't update. "Error please try again". (17 times)

• 26 February 2023
  • 7 replies

System won't update. "Error please try again". (17 times). I am using a MacBook Pro with the latest OS.

How do I resolve this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 February 2023, 16:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Not really enough information here to be sure, but I’d try a couple of things.

First, delete the app from your Mac. Go to Sonos and download a new copy and install, being sure it ‘connect to existing system’ when prompted. Next, connect an Ethernet cable between your router and one of the Sonos speakers you have (not a Sub or Surround speaker). Give the system a couple of minutes to recognize the change, then try the update process again. If that doesn’t work, try a reboot of your router and try again.

If none of these work, you’re going to need to give us a lot more detail about your system,  so we can help you. 

I deleted the App on my MBP but can no longer find the App on the App store. Did these guys fall out I wonder. There are third party Apps but why should I pay for these Sonos?

Full disclosure: I’m not a Mac user.

Occasionally, I’ll get this on my PC. Rather than try again, I just ignore it and discover that it did update. If the players had not yet updated, I’ll check for updates again and the players will start their update.

You can find software here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you have a phone or tablet you might try using the Sonos app from there if this happens again.

The Mac app has never been on the Apple Store, it’s only to be downloaded from Sonos, at the link @buzz provided. 

Yes downloading the App on MacOS again worked. Thx