Skip to main content

2 systems at home now, S1 - 3x Play5 (Gen1) now separate to rest of system on newer S2 app.

In S1 app ‘Services & Voice’ there are no paid Subscriptions available (Spotify/Qobus/Amazon, etc).

All running OK on S2.

Do I need to create a different account to run these 3 old speakers, or a new email perhaps? Have logged in and out, tried it on iPhone IOS and MAC S1 (grey) controller.

Free services are all there to select, TuneIn, SonosRadio, Radio Paradise, etc.

Any suggestions to get Spotify and the likes working?

Problem resolved, don't know how, and Id almost given up.

Removed Spotify from S2 app. 

Re-authorised it (after signing out from the app).

Then went back to the S1 app, logged out.

Then services like BBC, Qobuz, Spotify all available. 

My other work around was going to be sign into the Old S1 app with a different email address. 

So its all working, but not sure how or why it works. (because logging out and then back in with Spotify shouldn't effect BBC/Qobuz, etc.

Problem resolved, don't know how, and Id almost given up.

Removed Spotify from S2 app. 

Re-authorised it (after signing out from the app).

Then went back to the S1 app, logged out.

Then services like BBC, Qobuz, Spotify all available. 

My other work around was going to be sign into the Old S1 app with a different email address. 

So its all working, but not sure how or why it works. (because logging out and then back in with Spotify shouldn't effect BBC/Qobuz, etc.

Logging out then back in refreshes your devices with your account information.  If it got borked by the update, that is one way of getting it back.  You can also try checking for updates.  Even if there is no update, it will refresh the account info.