Skip to main content
Question

Sub control not working after the updating the Sonos app

Hey guys, today there is a new update rolling out for Sonos amp. After updated it , I lost control for my subwoofer. I currently have a 3rd party subwoofer connected to Sonos amp via wire, the app used to give me direct control to the subwoofer, I can turn it on and off. After the update, I can still change the sub level and other settings , it’s just the Sub switch button has no effect at all. Because I can’t manually switch the sub off or it has no effect, now I always have the crossover frequency no matter which setup I am switching to (I have two pairs of speakers connecting to the amp and using a speaker switcher to switch them on and off, one pair has great bass already which I needed to turn the sub output off). 

Is there a way to make it work , if not can i roll back to an earlier build of the app? Maybe this is simply not an issue with the app, but more of a firmware issue which being deployed along with the app update, I have no idea. I tried to restart the app, even reset the whole AMP , disconnect my speaker at all… Nothing works so far, the sub is always there as long as I have it connected. 

Any ideas? It drives me crazy ... 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I see the latest release notes (July 22) mention “Improved Sub audio settings with Amp”. Has anyone been able to check if this fixes our issue?

Latest app update on my device, just tested and for sub eq settings none of the adjustments make any impact on the sub. That is sub on/off, sub level and sub crossover. Nothing changes at all when these are adjusted in the app. So annoying

Actually just tested EQ and those settings also do nothing on my system. Just the worst.

I see they have time to moderate posts on this forum, but not time to acknowledge there’s a problem or to provide solutions. 🤦‍♂️

I’ve comes from loving Sonos to loathing it. Forced updates is not something that should ever be needed. And worse if they break the product and then there’s no fix. 

My concern is that a buggy OTA update has bricked their sub. Why else would their be no fix, and no response after all this time?

If anyone’s recently purchased their Sonos gear, it might be worth getting a refund for not fit for purpose.

If they ever do get this fixed, I’ll be looking to configure a firewall in my home router to block any network communication to Sonos in future. 

This is, for better or worse, a Sonos community forum, not a forum to communicate with Sonos support. Occasionally, the few Sonos moderators jump in when they can, but it isn’t frequent, and given the explosion in posts over the last several weeks, I suspect they are so busy tracking and moderating that they have a hard time responding to every single post, and every single thread. 

If you want to, you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss the issue you’re experiencing with your system.