Spotify Premium Duo - My private playlists and recent played songs showing up in Sonos (2) app.

• 1 February 2023
  • 8 replies

We have Spotify Premium Duo, which includes two accounts with different username/passwords.

But when we use the Sonos 2 app, in our home 5.1 surround livingroom to listen to music, all my private playlists and recent played songs etc. shows up on my partners Sonos 2 app.

I don’t want my partner to see what songs or other audio and playlists I have created or listened to.

And actually, I have an old Sonos setup too in my office, which is where I play most of my Spotify playlists (that room use the old Sonos app). I don’t tend to use our Sonos 2 system for music apart from on a Saturday night, rest of the time I only use our Sonos system for TV/Netflix.

So, how do I:

• Block/stop my Spotify Playlists / private listen activities and recent played songs etc. show up on my partners iPhone when we both use the Sonos 2 app on our phones?
  • I want my Spotify things to only show on my Phone, not on my partners.
  • I don’t want to see her Spotify activities either of course.

Thanks,
CatDad

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can add multiple Spotify accounts to the Sonos app, but when you choose to you can access the accounts of others from within the app. There is no solution for this I can think of; Sonos has built it this way.

To be frank; what is so bad on Spotify your partner should not see it?

Hi,

I see.

So there’s no setting to not show your private playlists or other things?

What’s so bad? Well, even if it’s not something that bad, l may not want my partner to see what ASMR albums, channels, episodes or anything non-music l was listening to. Plus, l certainly don’t want stuff like that taking up space and being all over the other persons screen, as it’s irrelevant and should be possible to disable your own accounts “Jump Back In” or “Recently Played”.

Even if it’s nothing “bad”, clearly you may not like it to be all popping up by default on anyone else’s phone. If nothing else, it could be embarrassing or just annoying.

For a Sonos music listening session with your partner, why would l want ASMR “Brain Melting Ear Attention” or stuff like that be on her screen. Some ASMR artists have a bit sensual dress sense and your partner may wrongly imagine/think you’re listening to things for other reasons than pure relaxation. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do think that your partner needs to open your spotify account in the Sonos app on his/her phone to see all that. You need to set the Sonos app to one preferred Spotify account, that can be different on your phone and your partners’.

Thanks.

I will see if that’s possible then.

If partner has not connected her Spotify account to her phones Sonos 2 app, will it use my Spotify account by default even if l haven’t shared my password, for a duo account?

In my case, I have two Spotify accounts connected to our household’s Sonos system and app.

Now, everything I play shows up in my wife’s My Sonos (the app home screen).

Is there any way to prevent that?

The ‘now playing’ screen? No, I think that screen is designed to show, well, what is playing now, at least on the selected room.

If your wife were to be looking at a different room’s ‘now playing’ screen, she wouldn’t be seeing what you’re playing on your ‘room’. 

No -- the My Sonos Recently Placed screen:

Ah, then no, not that I’m aware of. 

You could split the Sonos system into two systems, but that’s not a great solution, since you wouldn’t be able to share speakers.