Question

Spotify Playlists not visible in Sonos App

• 8 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi there.

I’ve recently done some housekeeping in Spotify - using Playlist Folders to hold old playlists. Unfortunately in neither the Apple iOS 13.13 App, nor Windows 10 app - these aren’t visible. Instead, I merely see the playlists (I *think* in the order I placed them).
Is this a known issue or enhancement opportunity? (or am I being a dumb ass?)

Thanks in advance for any guidance available - it’s appreciated. :-)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You may want to check with Spotify. Sonos doesn’t maintain the way that Spotify uses the information. Sonos wrote an API, and handed it off to Spotify to integrate with. Spotify is responsible for implementation that matches the API that Sonos has written.

And no, I don’t think you’re being a dumb ass in any way. It’s a valid question, and not being a Spotify subscriber, I don’t have a great answer for you other than above.

My suspicion, based on the multiple threads about how the Spotify app has been causing wild volume fluctuations for Sonos users recently,, is that Spotify has rejiggered some of their code, and done so improperly with regards to how the Sonos API is expecting data, and is probably (an assumption on my part) working hard at fixing the changes that they made to ensure that they work better with Sonos. In my opinion, it certainly would be worthwhile asking your question of the folks at Spotify, as they may have developed their software without thought as to the way that the Sonos API reads data from their server.