Question

Spotify Connect poor performance with Sonos

• 27 November 2019
  • 1 reply

When connecting to Sonos speakers using the Spotify App, there are a multitude of problems going on. 

• Volume control doesn’t work and if it does, it reverts back to the volume it started at eventually
  • Lag in the Spotify app and on the speakers
  • Pause/Play button is delayed by about 10 seconds
  • Speakers cut in and out regularly and occasionally drop the music all together

Ive read about interference or other issues, but I haven’t changed anything in my current homes set up and these problems started a few months ago. I am getting frustrated that the performance isn’t what it used to be. 

I use a play 1 and play 3 in my kitchen and Living room, control with an iphone XR. All apps are updated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

All of those issues are indeed indications of wifi interference. And beyond the information in that FAQ, you may want to do a simple refresh of your network by unplugging all your Sonos devices, rebooting your router, then plugging the Sonos devices back in to the power.