Answered

Sound glitches when connecting pro-ject Debut Carbon turntable to sonos port using a Numark mixing table as pre-amp.

• 9 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all Sonos experts out there, 

Having read about the sonos port I thought I finally had the solution to upgrade my audio setup (a Pro-ject Debut Carbon which I connect to two active KRK rockit speakers using a 2-channel mixing table which serves as my phono pre-amp and allows me to connect with my PC for music streaming etc.) into a more user-friendly (read wife and kids friendly) set-up that allows for easy streaming of music while keeping my old gear. 

Connecting the sonos port I can indeed listen to my vinyl on my new sonos speakers (a sound bar and 2 ONEs), but it turns out that there are very short glitches when listening to vinyl. they only last for half a second or so, but happen every couple of minutes. It seems to be more like some issue with the wi-fi connectivity between the port and the speakers, but this doesn't happen when streaming music on my sonos speakers from my phone and my wi-fi is broadband, the port is in the same room as the router, with no blockages etc. 

I'm not sure what causes the problem, but I can't enjoy my vinyls like this, so I am considering returning the port within the 14 day return policy here. so I have little time to experiment or test what causes the problem. 

Just wanted to ask if anyone has faced similar issues or would have a solution, please?

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 January 2023, 11:31

View original

4 replies

Are any of your SONOS units wired to the network?

Thanks,

All three sonos speakers and the port are connected to the network through wi-fi (not by cable).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Greg2083 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - if it is interference, they can tell you where it is.

As you mentioned that the Port and router are in the same room, first please ensure that they are not within 1 metre of each other. Try to give the Port 1m space between it and any other WiFi devices too - including phones, laptops and other Sonos speakers.

You may also find this page of use: https://support.sonos.com/en/article/adjust-line-in-audio-compression

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry, 

Thank you for your reply and follow-up. There is 1M space between the port and other wi-fi devices.

I'll reach out to the technical team. 

Best,

Greg