Answered

Sonos won't play Apple Music Playlist

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

When I select Apple Music → Library → Playlists, the error message “An error occurred while adding tracks to the Queue (1002)”. This also happens if I select Library → Songs but not when I choose Library → Artists or Albums. I can hear specific artists or albums but not playlists or songs. Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 March 2023, 11:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jonathannye 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Note that error 1002 occurs when it takes longer than 20 seconds to load a list of tracks into the queue - if the playlist is not 500 tracks or more, then there may be transmission errors on your local network and the technical support team will help you find and resolve these, if they exist.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the follow-up. Have been in touch via chat and live. So far no luck. Seems it is related to traffic over the network. When I try my large playlist I get the 1002 error. If I then try a smaller playlist, I get the same error. But through some combination of I’m not sure what, I was able to play the small playlist. I then tried the larger list and got the error. Reverted to the small list and it would no longer play. Also, when I rebooted the router, the large list would play until I reshuffled the list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jonathannye 

I did take a look at your diagnostics, but although I can see evidence of things going wrong, the cause is not clear to me.

I recommend getting back in touch with our technical support team via phone for more in-depth troubleshooting - if the agent you speak to can’t figure it out either, your case should at least get escalated to a higher level.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.