Answered

Sonos system will not connect to services

• 9 May 2023
  • 8 replies

No Access to music via search in sonos app. Sonos system is connected to Spotify, and can be accessed from Spotify, but Spotify cannor be accsessed from sonos app. Same with TuneIn, can not be accessed from the sonos app, Even tough it has been connected for several years. Accessong both Spotify and TuneIn via the sonos app has been working perfectly until the last there days.

tryong ti manage the services genereres a message dating «network problem, check network.»

icon

Best answer by controlav 11 May 2023, 16:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Check your account on www.Sonos.com, and ensure your profile address is set up properly. Sonos uses that data to ‘filter’ what services are presented to you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Christs 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If ​​​@Airgetlam’s advice did not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This looks like the new MS Defender compatibility issue. Disable MS Defender.

Userlevel 1

I am from the Microsoft Defender team. This issue got introduced recently, we are validating the fix and will be rolling it out shorty.

Please reply when you’ve done so, we’d appreciate it. 

Lots of misinformation on this one from Sonos from “unplug all of your repeaters and start over” to “it’s MS Defender’s fault.”  Neither of these solve the root problem of Sonos app on Android not allowing sign in from the Sonos Android app.  I had Defender uninstalled, so that is not the issue.

Looking forward to some clarity and resolution from Sonos on this.

R

Have you supplied them with Diagnostic data from your system, and called in to indicate which diagnostic they should be looking at, and for what? 

There are likely several different potential issues here, including the two listed, that might be the problem . Without giving Sonos the opportunity to see what yours is in particular, it will be hard for them to  give you resolution. 

Userlevel 1

The fix has been rolled out with the Defender latest update. Sonos should be working with this update.