Skip to main content

Sonos playlists not available on iPhone or iPad

• 19 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I am not getting Sonos Playlists from my Music Library on my IPhone or iPad. They are present and working on the desktop client. This is on a recent Sonos 2 installation. They are present on the old Sonos App on all controllers.

Are thy supported on S2 on iOS, or is this a fault/bug?

As always thanks in advance fkr your help,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The iOS app has, for many months now, been unreliable for playlist enumeration. As you point out the playlist are still there, sitting on every speaker in the usual location, but the iOS has trouble enumerating them reliability.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @EnEm 

Thanks for your post!

We have been unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing. So we can be 100% sure on what we are looking for/talking about, can I ask if you are indeed talking about imported playlists in Music Library, with locally stored tracks on your computer or NAS server? Where are you looking for your playlists on S2? Is it Music Library » Imported Playlists?

Also, please submit a support diagnostic from the device that has the playlists missing and reply here with the number given. Thanks.

Hi ​​​@controlav 

Could you please provide a little more information? By enumeration, are you referring to the app populating the list from what’s given to it by the speakers? Are we talking about this:https://devdocs.sonos.com/docs/getmetadata?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi ​​​@controlav 

Could you please provide a little more information? By enumeration, are you referring to the app populating the list from what’s given to it by the speakers? Are we talking about this:https://devdocs.sonos.com/docs/getmetadata?

No, I am talking about UPnP ContentDirectory.Browse with “SQ:” (SQ stands for Saved Queues I assume).

Userlevel 1

I find the Sonos staff response irritating as you must have know for many months that this lack of playlist issue is not uncommon. I keep several favourite songs, and start by playing these, then close the app, and restart it later. The Playlists then appear, sometimes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @crothershe 

I find the Sonos staff response irritating as you must have know for many months that this lack of playlist issue is not uncommon.

How so? In fact, this is the first time I have heard such a report and I have found no known issues that fit the description in my documentation for such matters, nor other threads here on the community discussing it.

How @controlav seems to be so familiar with the issue is beyond me, considering it hasn't been reported before, but he did write his own, alternative app for controlling Sonos, so he’s in position to know a lot.

As mentioned, we cannot reproduce the issue in our own testing, so we would need you to submit a support diagnostic after recreating the issue and let us know the number given for any investigation to actually happen. Better yet, please get in touch with our technical support team to report the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The main thread I can recall on this is here:

but there were also these:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-228995/still-no-sonos-play-lists-appearing-on-apps-after-a-year-really-6868245

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-229131/playlists-are-missing-in-my-sonos-6852850

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for finding those threads, @controlav 

They are fairly old - Dec 2020 and Feb 2021, tagged with a reference to an issue that was fixed in June 2021, then one more thread in 2022 with 2 reports.

I can only encourage anyone experiencing this issue to get in touch with our technical support team - if they do not, there will be no support cases and this issue will not be identified nor addressed.