Question

Sonos One SL volume changes with track change

• 4 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have 2x Sonos One SL's playing local/downloaded Spotify play lists from phone but sometimes the volume changes when the track changes. Would appreciate any pointers to fix this problem.

Thx

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @esp278.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I would suggest trying using a different controller first.

Has this only happened with Spotify?

When playing Spotify are you using the Sonos app or the native app?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi Mark

It happens with both the Sonos 2app and the Spotify app. I make sure only 1 app is open at a time also. I'm using an old Motorola phone. Even though it is able to load the Sonos 2 app I suspect it may be the problem so how to try another phone unless you have other ideas too explore first.

Badge

In Spotify app I switched to playing in offline mode where only downloaded music can be played. This enabled the volume normalisation mode in Spotify. I though this would fix it for sure but the volume still changed with some songs as if normalisation wasn’t working. Any pointers?

Badge

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this problem? Any help appreciated at this point because we have to keep adjusting the volume for songs with higher volume, very frustrating.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @esp278.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Can you try to set a volume limit with Sonos App.

You need to set up this on the affected speaker/s

• Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  • From the Settings tab, tap System.
  • Choose the room you'd like to modify, then select Volume Limit.
  • Use the slider to set your desired maximum volume.

Try to observe this for the meantime if the volume still changes unexpectedly reply right away.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi Mark

I set the volume limit individually for each speaker to 88 and it hasn't stopped the problem. It may have reduced the frequency, no pun intended, of the problem but that's hard to tell with different playlists being played. If you have other suggestions please advise and I will try.

Badge

Hi Mark

The problem continues. I keep getting called to the shop to fix this problem so the frustration mounts. Both of these speakers are hard wired to the router. Please advise if you have any other suggestions to try and fix this. We are considering switching back to using the. UE Boom bluetooth speakers of we can't fix this as this situation is clearly unacceptable especially in a busy shop environment.