Skip to main content
Question

Sonos - music library

• 1 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,
will music library feature ever be restored - PC - Windows 11 (not NAS)? Does anyone have more detailed information?
Or should I look for a replacement for my Sonos Amp? (Bluesound, Wiim, Kef, NAD...)
Thank you P.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Palco 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Although support for SMBv1 and HTTP was removed, we have not removed Music Library functionality, though the Mobile app cannot yet configure it.

To get the contents of your music library folder on your Windows computer playing on Sonos again, you just need to set it up as a shared network folder, then point Sonos at it (using the Desktop app for Windows).

Please see this user-created guide for details on the steps needed:

I hope this helps.

Badge

Unfortunately, I tried all the options according to the forum...but none of them work.
Maybe we'll have to wait for the programmers to fix all the features....
And I think there are quite a few...

P.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Palco 

Music Library functionality will return to the main Sonos app with an update later today. Please be aware, however, that this will not automatically resolve issues with connecting to a share - I suspect you will still need to take steps to resolve error 913 afterwards.

As the page I linked to did not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, though it may be an idea to wait until after today’s update.

I hope this helps.