Answered

SONOS iOS App

• 8 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Who on earth comes up with the brilliant idea to develop such a poorly managed iOS app... Why should everything always be new, be changed due to marketing ideas, be worse? What a pity!

One detail: Where is the alarm clock function to be found in the iOS app?
(a user of the first SONOS hour...)

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 July 2024, 15:32

View original

5 replies

One detail: Where is the alarm clock function to be found in the iOS app?
(a user of the first SONOS hour...)

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-an-alarm-on-sonos

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I had no idea that speakers playing by them selves, and not showing up on the app that they're playing was a FEATURE. Or is it something else that we haven't been told about AGAIN? So the speakers are playing a station that I never listen to, they start playing by themselves, at a volume that I haven’t chosen - AND - the app shows that the speakers ARE NOT SELECTED.

your developers are the DUMBEST software developers I’ve had the unfortunate opportunity to be subjected to.

Thanks fro ruining my listening experience

I experience speakers playing with all phones and iPads OFF.  We must have a Sonos Ghost.

i have a separate login but Sonos uses my wife’s login on my phone no matter how I try.

We want to watch tv but cannot turn off the app since it says the queue is empty!   All while playing country love songs…

the app is slow compared to before.

we gave up using the iPad any more with the new updates.

I experience speakers playing with all phones and iPads OFF.  We must have a Sonos Ghost.

i have a separate login but Sonos uses my wife’s login on my phone no matter how I try.

We want to watch tv but cannot turn off the app since it says the queue is empty!   All while playing country love songs…

The queue is often empty if using ‘direct control’ or a voice ‘services audio session’ or playing a ‘station’… that’s always been the case. The Sonos App can be closed too and the controller mobile/tablet powered off as the App is just a ‘remote’ for your speakers - it’s not a player.

Sonos speakers have always operated in this way. Just press the Pause button in the Apps ‘room selector’ (slide-up screen) to stop the audio on whatever speaker, or group, is/are playing. 

My guess is direct control as suggested above. Also consider change your Sonos account password. They’ve enabled web control of our speakers from the internet. While it’s very unlikely your account is compromised if you’ve ruled everything else out do this.