Skip to main content

Sonos Customer Support is as big a Joke as Their System

• 23 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Not only does the new app not work, making my entire home system unusable, the customer care phone number has a wait time of an hour. Literally 60 minutes that I have to spend on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone.

How does a company with this many resources completely f**k up every aspect of consumer support?! My system works maybe half of the time, even before the new app was made available to us. 

This company is a complete joke. Too bad I have thousands of dollars sunk into the system and don’t have the money available to get anything new.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Not only does the new app not work, making my entire home system unusable, the customer care phone number has a wait time of an hour. Literally 60 minutes that I have to spend on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone.

I’m sure the support staff was not constructed to handle the volume of issues from the release of an incomplete product. It’s not like you can easily bring on untrained staff either, I suspect.  These poor soles are not going to see any letdown for several weeks at best either.

There have also been some consumers that  claim to have been contacting support to complain without looking for a solution to any specific problem.  No concern about making it more difficult for others to get solutions where a solution exists.

Badge

No offense but that’s a Sonos problem, not mine. There are fundamental checks an organization can put in place to make the customer experience better, one of them would be to offer a call back when your place in line is due. That’s as easy as Sonos leadership choosing to add a phone prompt which then allows their support team, whatever level of expertise they do or don’t have, to call customers back versus having their customers spend 50 minutes on hold.

Release an incomplete product and you create downstream issues for your customers. Doing so when you have $1.6B in revenue in the most recent fiscal year and I, as one of their larger home theater consumers, have a right to be aggravated with the infrastructure they have in place.

As a company you can choose to create solutions or exacerbate issues for the sake of profitability. Sonos has chosen the route of profitability and it’s damn disappointing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No offense but that’s a Sonos problem, not mine. There are fundamental checks an organization can put in place to make the customer experience better, one of them would be to offer a call back when your place in line is due. That’s as easy as Sonos leadership choosing to add a phone prompt which then allows their support team, whatever level of expertise they do or don’t have, to call customers back versus having their customers spend 50 minutes on hold.

Release an incomplete product and you create downstream issues for your customers. Doing so when you have $1.6B in revenue in the most recent fiscal year and I, as one of their larger home theater consumers, have a right to be aggravated with the infrastructure they have in place.

As a company you can choose to create solutions or exacerbate issues for the sake of profitability. Sonos has chosen the route of profitability and it’s damn disappointing. 

You have a right to be aggravated but it is utterly unreasonable to expect the over-stretched (and probably completely depressed) call handlers to call customers back. Why would they seek out more queries than they can reasonably handle? They currently won’t have the capacity to deal with the callers they get in the queue, let alone calling others back. And no company would train up hundreds of new call handlers to cover issues they are already working on fixing.

I can only imagine how those poor souls will feel speaking to you when you finally get through…

Badge

Derp. It’s an automated call back process done by a dialer where a human at Sonos just needs to wait to pick up the phone. I’m not asking anyone to physically call my phone, it’s a customer service function that is simply not provided. There is no proof whatsoever that these issues are actively being worked on.

These ‘poor souls’ are should be paid to support their products. How would they feel when they talk to me? Hopefully that they are providing a service to a customer whose product does not and will not function properly. That’s why they should seek out supporting customers, not run from the customers need.

People are so soft these days that we cannot expect a billion dollar company to support a frustrated customer who has thousands of dollars sunk in a non-functioning product? Just take the revenue and don’t deliver on the product seems to be the mantra of American businesses in 2024 and it’s patently absurd.