Question

sonos connect line in not available

• 20 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I have many Sonos products and previously had my turntable connected to my network via play:5 line in

I have just purchased a Sonos connect to take the line in however when I choose this source it just shows as disconnected (as if it can’t detect  the signal coming from phono leads pre-amp)

works fine if I route through play:5

the connect is not connected to amp I.e no phono out hooked up u just want to broadcast the turntable 

help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not 100% sure I understand what you’re saying, but the line in won’t show up for the CONNECT until you actually connect something to the line in. If you plug in the pre-amp’s output to the analog in on the CONNECT, it should function. 

If you do have it connected, check the cables. It’s possible that you’ve got a bad cable in the connection...or try reseating them at both ends. 

The cables are fine , brand new phono to the connect

I have taken phono from record player straight into the connect , taking pre amp out of the loop, same issue

the pre amp connects to a play:5 without issue proving the cables from the record deck to pre amp work fine.

stumped

Me too. It certainly wouldn’t work without the pre-amp. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.