Answered

sonos connect keeps disconecting from network

• 3 June 2023
  • 8 replies

I have a sonos connect that keeps disconnecting from the sonos app and our network. I go in and factory reset it, reconnect it to our sonos account, play music on our hard wired speakers for maybe a minute or two and all or a sudden the sonos connect can not be found and the music stops. Any suggestions for how to fix? I did send a diagnostic ticket to sonos 1066180950. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 June 2023, 10:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to wire the Connect directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

I can only connect it directly via Ethernet temporarily.  My router is across the room and too far away from the amp, which connects to the built-in speaker system.  I believe the issue has to do with my Wi-Fi but I’m not sure what it is or how to fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rjgregoire 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Unfortunately, the diagnostics you provided were submitted at a time when the app was not connected to the Sonos system, so there is no information there to go on.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

This is happening to me as well. I have 1x Play 1 and 2x Play 3 speakers. All first gen. I have tried all sorts to rectify the issue but to no avail. Very frustrating and time consuming. It makes me think Sonos don't have an answer for it, and the simplest but costlier solution is to upgrade to a new Sonos. 

What did Sonos support suggest to you, when you called in?

I have the same issue since few months.

does anyone find any solution?

We cannot rule out a hardware issue with the older units. Working with SONOS support is the best path. They have access to diagnostic data not available to us.

Encountering same issue here. I feel like it started happening after an update several months ago