Answered

Sonos cannot find any albums on Spotify

• 5 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi - we have a paid subscription to Spotify and recently the Sonos fails to connect to Spotify, saying after very few seconds, timed out.   This is on Macs and the mobile App.  It can find other spotify music (recently played and playlists).

I can play an album on the Spotify App then access it via recently played on Sonos, but not if I go to my saved album section.

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 10 March 2024, 22:48

View original

6 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

However, I want to throw a caveat in here. Sonos only shows what is presented to them by the Spotify server. If it fails to send a particular piece of data to the Sonos controller, then there really isn’t anything Sonos can do to show that data. It is possible that Sonos won’t be able to assist you, and ask you to contact Spotify to pose the question as to why the data isn’t being sent to Sonos to be shown. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Flossy 

Hi… I just can tell you that you‘re not alone. On DE community there also are users having exactly the same problem. I share @Airgetlam s thoughts about an existing problem on Spotifys side. Looks like an issue what comes to the Sonos API from Spotify. 
So contacting Spotify support too would be helpful anyway, but I‘m sure Sonos also can point Spotify to the problem if you tell them. 

Many thanks both...I’ll give it a go

Curiously, I can access my albums via spotify and play them to the Sonos system without the need to use the Sonos controller.  Technology eh?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Many thanks both...I’ll give it a go

Curiously, I can access my albums via spotify and play them to the Sonos system without the need to use the Sonos controller.  Technology eh?

Different ways of data stream… so one can work but the other not.

On DE someone also supposed it could be an issue of DNS settings. So you could try different DNS settings on your router. After changing settings restart your Sonos devices. 

I have the same problem. It was all ok until recently.

How do you even contact spotify?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have the same problem. It was all ok until recently.

How do you even contact spotify?

Google is your friend… 😉

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/contact-us/

Latest info from a german user was, that he  got in contact with spotify support and they gave him a test account. That one worked fine on his system. Spotify transferred all his playlists and albums to a new account, but after that the account also didn‘t work anymore. So seems to be an individual account issue. They don’t have a solution yet on Spotifys side.