Question

Sonos browsing - Tidal access changed

• 1 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 9 replies

We are aware of the issue where the Tidal app doesn’t allow you to select Sonos speakers in iOS14. Thats SUPER annoying but allegedly being fixed soon. 

However last week in an effort to work around this I went to my Sonos S2 app and selected the speaker I wanted and then browsed my music options. The TIDAL link produced new options which I wish I’d screenshotted. It had things like MY MIXES etc. which were not available before. Anyway I went off and enjoyed them and come the afternoon, the new options were all gone and I was back to the legacy experience. Which is poor. 

So, I assume that it’s up to Tidal to fill those options via an API over anything to do with Sonos but I wanted to check since Sonos support and community is WAY more useful that the nonsense Tidal pretend to run. 

If Sonos do have ability to help here I’d be appreciative if they can poke Tidal.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DB2k.

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this up to our attention.

The design, features, and control of these Music Services within the Sonos app are governed and implemented by the service or the music partner themselves. 

Rest assured that I will log this information and pass this along with the team.

I suggest that it’s best if you can also communicate with Tidal to let both sides know of what’s happening.

Please let us know if you have additional concerns. I'm happy to send them up for you.

Badge +1

And it’s back!!