Sonos app update 80.01.10

Sonos app update 80.01.10 for ios and 80.01.07 for Android is just released. Who’s going first? Let us know how it goes. Seems like a whole lot of fixes.

Release notes:

80.01.07 (Android)
80.01.10 (iOS)

Release date: 5/21/2024

In this update:

• Support for the all new Sonos Roam 2.

• Improved VoiceOver support, allowing for easier navigation and control on the Now Playing Screen, System View, Output Selector, Queue, Volume Sliders, and Add Product.

• Improved TalkBack support for the Now Playing Screen, System View, and Add Product.

• Improved Local Music Library playback of folders.

• Added the ability to Search for content to use with an Alarm.

• Improved system connectivity for Boost and portable products in sleep mode.

• Fixed issues with Add Product that resulted in incomplete registration, a need to sign in again, or inability to confirm a product PIN.
  • Fixed an issue with enabling Surround and Sub Audio.

• Fixed an issue that blocked Trueplay if a TV was the input source.

• Fixed an issue with asking for Local Network permissions.

36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

While we can all agree that the app was released prematurely and was buggy as hell, the inevitable outcome was that bug fixes would follow .   This won’t be the last but I hope that it goes some way to resolve some of the more serious issues people were having.  I’ll try it when I get home later this evening. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My iPhone app says 80.00.08 build but no option to the new one - any ideas? 

You might need to wait a bit for apple to make it available to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks - I think Apple are probably embarrassed to host it! Is there an update for the mac web - app as well? 

Userlevel 2

Re the new update . One minute it has the music library ikon showing in my services , then it’s gone , then it’s back when I click on it to see my albums , a note comes up to say something went wrong. Yet if I use another app on my iPad called Sonospad my music library is shown and plays fine , also the same with my MacBook using the desktop app. So I’m still not impressed with this update, how come a third party app works so much better ? 

Thanks for this tip!! I rebooted my wifi, loaded the new app, and connected two of my six speakers so far. For the first time in a week, I can listen to music. We’ll see how long this lasts….

Thanks for this tip!! I rebooted my wifi, loaded the new app, and connected two of my six speakers so far. For the first time in a week, I can listen to music. We’ll see how long this lasts….

That’s good news. Hopefully it’s stable and you are able to get the other 4 connected.

Here are the latest updates available.

Re the new update . One minute it has the music library ikon showing in my services , then it’s gone , then it’s back when I click on it to see my albums , a note comes up to say something went wrong. Yet if I use another app on my iPad called Sonospad my music library is shown and plays fine , also the same with my MacBook using the desktop app. So I’m still not impressed with this update, how come a third party app works so much better ? 

I’ve updated and can confirm that the random appearing and disappearing local library in sources is still a thing in the new app.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Here are the latest updates available.

Thanks Buzz, when was this released? I already have the old gold S2 app v16.1 and the new “cr”app  thats caused so much grief on my MacBook so is this a new one?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I saw posts in these forums about Sonos offering customer a discount on replacement equipment (30%?) for those of us who cannot get our older equipment to connect.   I cannot find those posts now as it was several days ago and I cannot remember which thread.   Does anyone know if this is a coupon code or some other way to receive the discount?

This download page always shows the latest. It was updated earlier today. Likely it will be some hours (at least) for opinions to accumulate. For routine operation I think that you’ll still want to continue with v16.1 for the near future.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I dare to update, as it requires to update all sonos devices.

For now i use an older android phone with the previous “ old s2 “ 16x release.

Unfortunately there is still no roll back provided for ios devices

I updated and am getting this weird screen periodically when navigating back. Looks like a bug. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks - I think Apple are probably embarrassed to host it! Is there an update for the mac web - app as well? 

Can customers demand Apple yank a defective app and force Sonos to make the old app available?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Can customers demand Apple yank a defective app and force Sonos to make the old app available?

Users can’t dictate what apps do and don’t get into the App Store.  

Users can provide reviews of the app, that’s about it.

the alarms work now that you updated
I would like to know if the alarms now work with this new update
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Does the app update require a speaker firmware update?

It it does can I still use SonoPhone/the old version of the app I still have on my iPad?

Cheers 

Does the app update require a speaker firmware update?

It it does can I still use SonoPhone/the old version of the app I still have on my iPad?

Cheers 

Does not require a firmware update. SonoPhone still working with my system. After app update. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Cheers @Bumper 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

And now we’ve got 80.01.11 for iOS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Userlevel 2

And now we’ve got 80.01.11 for iOS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Music library ikon showing under your sources. Clicked on it and then albums, a notification came up saying something went wrong.  That’s a surprise! .Then the ikon disappeared again. 
Guess I’ll go back to Sonospad again till the next useful update comes out 

What  are the Sonos software engineers up to ? 

Userlevel 3

I’m currently using the 16.1 sonos android app on my main phone, and the version 80+ on another android phone.

My sonos system should be up to date, displayed as “16.2 (79052294)” in the 16.1 app and “79.0-52294” in the 80+ app.

I’ve updated yesterday the 80+ app to the currently latest version available “80.01.07-release+20240517.e5cee07”. Since the update, the 80+ app has displayed an error message when trying to display the playlist. It’s in French on the screenshot but the gist of it is “Impossible to load. Try again”.

The playlist is still perfectly working in the 16.1 app.

v80

v80 playlist error

v16.1

v16.1 playlist working as usual

I will update to version v80+ when it will be feature equivalent to v16.1, and will be usable.
Or maybe to an alternative controller app if an open alternative to the sonos one is made (with more local control and less data collection and potentially spying. (Even if it’s maybe not yet done, it will eventually be done. Enshittification always.)).

If someone know of a way to block the new controller webapp remote access to my system, I’m interested. Maybe with firewall rules on the router? I know a disaster is incoming from sonos opening this access: bug exploitation of it to troll or brick the system, virus/trojan to create a network of bot for ddos or other nefarious usage, entrypoint to access the lan for ransomware, etc.
When I see how the release of the v80 app was rushed while it is still in an early beta state, I clearly don’t trust sonos to prioritize the security of theirs customers.

Be smart with technology, choose dumb technology!