Skip to main content
Question

Sonos App - Simply a Disaster

• 22 June 2024
  • 2 replies

The new Sonos App is ridiculous / massive downgrade and in certain areas does not work. Has the CEO or the Board used it? Per their last earning call it appears they are oblivious -  “Best of all, our redesigned app is easier, faster, and better. It once again raises the bar for the home music listening experience and sets up our ability to expand into new categories and experiences”.

This company had a great product and have now pissed off their main base - their existing users. Short the stock. Find a new system. This App sucks. Analysts read the forums, play with the new App - the functionality is terrible. This stock should tank. 

2 replies

Userlevel 2

I absolutely agree this app is a disaster, I had a one hour online chat with customer service last weekend to try and resolve the problem, I kept saying that its the app and not my system but they wouldn't admit to it. If I could afford it I would change to Bose but as I have 6 Sonos speakers that isn't an option 

100% agree.  I am a longtime Sonos customer, and am heavily invested in the system.  While it would be difficult to replace it, I can no longer play any of my music library—so now I am down to nothing but streaming music services.  I hardly need Sonos if that is all I can listen to.  It is hilarious that they would say this app is more responsive because you cannot even reliably adjust Volume.  Pretty basic stuff.  Not sure where they bought their developers, but serious lack of expertise.  You only need to use the new app for 10 minutes to discover these shortfalls.  I will not even start about the perplexing new UI interface….my absolute least favorite app now….and that bar is pretty low.