Skip to main content

Sonos App Shuffle

• 8 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Can anyone explain how to shuffle all songs in my Apple Music library when using the new app?

9 replies

Badge

PLEASE!   I go to Taylor Swift on Amazon Music, hit top songs, play the first song, and that's all that plays.   How do you get it to shuffle all of the songs from an artist within Amazon music?

The only thing I have found is that if I set the top songs button as a Sonos favorite, then I can go to my Sonos home, hit the top songs favorite shortcut and then it will play all of the music from that artist. This can't be the way though.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Does anyone know the answer to this? I’m loving the fact that i can not listen to lossless music, but why can’t  i shuffle my song library in Apple Music through the new app?

From this screen, I’m going to shuffle the songs in Chill Mix in the Den room;

Click on Chill Mix:

Click on Shuffle (next to Play (>)).

Here’s the queue with Shuffle turned On:

You can also click on the (. . .)

Choose “Add to End of Queue” or “Replace Queue”:

Then go back to the Now Playing screen and click the Shuffle button:

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I know how to shuffle all the library options you mentioned. However, I’m trying to shuffle my Song Library. As you can see from the screenshot below there’s no option to shuffle. 

I tried on my MacBook, but when shuffling it throws up a 1002. I have nearly 70k of music in my library and would just rather shuffle when I don’t want to play a playlist or album.

Similar question:

I want to go into a particular artist and shuffle ALL their songs, something I could easily do on the old app.  

Not on this one!!

Is it possible to do that anymore?

Userlevel 1
Badge

New app’s horrible (ditto ditto)

Along with the missing playlists and a dozen or so other more minor issues, I can’t even play more than one song.

Like people above, I go to search for an artist in Amazon Music. Click on the artist and click on Top Songs. The app shows me a list, but there’s no play arrow for the list as was before. The only option is to click on an individual song and then play. Then Sonos plays that song. Nothing else.

How is something so relatively simple not working?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Use the Desktop app (or my Windows app), they still offer the Play and Shuffle options for Apple Music / Library / Songs (and also on Amazon).

I tried the new Sonos web app, it gives a Shuffle button for Amazon but but it doesn’t actually list any Songs for me at all for Apple. YMMV.

Badge +1

Brutal that this features is missing. In the Desktop app (on Mac OS) it does show Play & Shuffle buttons for apple music library, but unsurprisingly, they don’t work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Brutal that this features is missing. In the Desktop app (on Mac OS) it does show Play & Shuffle buttons for apple music library, but unsurprisingly, they don’t work!

There’s no reason they should not work, the speakers handle all the Queue operations.