Skip to main content
Answered

sonos app installation on Windows 11 is failing

• 30 December 2023
  • 20 replies

when i click on the download  (Sonos_76.2-47270.exe) executable, Sonos - InstallShield Wizard starts, asking the language ‘nederlands’ but after a while it stops “bezig met het installeren van Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x86”; after soms mùinutes i get from the Sonos - InstallShield Wizard a message that the installation of Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x86 seems to have failed. Do you want to continu? yes or no. Even when i select yes nothing happens.

What to do ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Download from here and you'll be fine.

Badge

sorry but problem remains 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So it appears to be a problem with the Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x86. You could consider reinstalling this package from within Windows Update. After you succeeded, try to install Sonos from the link I provided.

Badge

Is this not dangerous to do ?

How do I need  to do this ? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is this not dangerous to do ?

How do I need  to do this ?

No, nothing will explode. You're dealing with a Windows 11 problem, unrelated to Sonos. You'll have to reinstall certain parts of Windows by using Windows Update, to be found in the Configuration Panel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In “Instellingen - apps” you should be able to remove or repair Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x86. Try to install Sonos again after that.

Badge

i cannot find this app . (installed app ?, advanced app settings? standard apps,…. ?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

i cannot find this app . (installed app ?, advanced app settings? standard apps,…. ?)

In Windows: Instellingen, then choose Apps.

Badge

and next ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Look for Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x86 in the search bar. Maybe you'd be better off looking for help on the Microsoft forums, for there is really no relation to Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

and next ?

In the right half of your screen you should see a list of the apps that are installed on your system. Choose Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x8 and click “verwijder”. When installing the Sonos app it will probably prompt you to install Microsoft visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package x8 again.

This is basic computer stuff. If you do not trust yourself to do this, ask a more knowledgeable person to do it for you.

Badge

I will do this. thanks anyway

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What device? It’s not an ARM-based PC is it?

Badge

it is a brand new Pc.
I never heard of an ARM based PC 

Badge

maybe because the Operating System is 64 bits ?

Windows 11-versie 23H2 (64-bits)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

maybe because the Operating System is 64 bits ?

Windows 11-versie 23H2 (64-bits)

You say it's a brand new PC. Maybe it needs updating of it's software, before it's fully functional. If I were you, I would take that route: Instellingen → Windows Update → Naar updates zoeken.

Badge

had ik al gedaan maar alles is ok dus geen updates

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

had ik al gedaan maar alles is ok dus geen updates

Google GTranslate: I had already done that but everything is ok so no updates

Then you should remove Microsoft visual C++ 2019 and reinstall it: Instellingen → Apps → Geïnstalleerde apps → Apps zoeken Then type in Microsoft visual C++ 2019.

Badge

nothing found :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Try this.