Answered

Sonos App Album Artwork Distorted

Badge +1

Album artwork pixelates on Sonos App when I enable Shuffle on a Spotify playlist.

This does not happen on a Apple Music playlist.Very odd.

There are over 1400 songs on the playlist.

Tested on 100 song Spotify playlist on Shuffle. Same pixelated problem happens.

Help please…

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 October 2022, 12:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

That data comes from Spotify, and not from Sonos. You may want to reach out to Spotify and ask them. 

Badge +1

Thanks

Yes the data comes from Spotify, but is read by the Sonos App.  

The Spotify App works fine, so the  issue for me, is clearly is the Sonos App….

Thanks

Yes the data comes from Spotify, but is read by the Sonos App.  

The Spotify App works fine, so the  issue for me, is clearly is the Sonos App….

That is likely not the case, as the service is provided by Spotify, via the Sonos API and other MSP’s use that same API to present their data. It will be down to what Spotify are choosing to deliver - it may vary by network conditions point-to-point perhaps, but in any-case I would report the issue to both Sonos and Spotify and let them take it forward.

The Sonos user-community here is not going to be able to resolve the issue.

Badge +1

Thanks 

Would hope that Sonos takes this up with Spotify as this issue affects the Sonos App user experience 

Thanks 

Would hope that Sonos takes this up with Spotify as this issue affects the Sonos App user experience 

No doubt they will, but no harm in ‘customers’ reporting it to both parties, as that may help speed things along and it ensures the message actually gets through to those that can (hopefully) fix the issue for you. 

Seeing the issue on the S1 app.

Makes sense, since the images are coming from the Spotify server. 

Same problem here (blurred album artwork) with Spotify on the Sonos app (S2) for some time now (like a week of two?). It only happens in the app, not in the Sonos controller on the PC… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

As has been already determined in the other thread, this is a Spotify screw-up, they removed the artwork map table from their SMAPI presentation map. All album artwork will be low-res until they fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi All,

We now consider this issue to have been resolved by Spotify.