Answered

Sonos and Spotify issue S2, sond skip, wait time, etc.

• 17 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello everybody,

I am running into many problems with myS2 system. Please note wifi configuration is the same for a few years and never had any issues.

• Spotify stops playing OR repeats the song after 10-20 seconds
  • Selecting a song or changing song takes forever, minimum5 to 10 seconds before it starts playing. Before it was instantaneous.
  • when it starts playing it plays for a 10-20 seconds then starts again the song 
  • Support diagnostic sent is 326329251

Oh and yes I have disconnected everything, rebooted the router, then turn all device back on.. also plugged the playbar to a  wired network..

I have the feeling S2 is not stable and ruins my sonos experience :-(

anyone else having issues  ?

thanks 

cyril

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 October 2020, 16:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge

Same problems. Only Spotify has problems as described, other services are working well. It was working great until today. Also tried spotify connect from Spotify app with no different results.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issues here... Seems VERY unstable :-( Unable to select songs properly etc. and suddenly skips songs many seconds later.

Here same issues, since today.

I use the Spotify app iOS to control the music on Sonos ARC. All latest updates. 

Same problem here! When using Sonos app S2 with my arc. Started yesterday. Works great when im just using airplay 2 over spotify. 

Whats the problem? 

There is a current Spotify issue, as mentioned on the Sonos Status Page here:

https://status.sonos.com

I am having the same problem. Started today.

I’ve had huge issues since ‘upgrading’ to S2. Generally slow connection and response times and often just doesn’t recognise the system. I’ve tried rebooting etc but I’m reaching the conclusion that it’s just poor software development. Have been a huge advocate of SONOS over the years and for the first time I’m thinking of looking elsewhere. So frustrating 

I’ve had huge issues since ‘upgrading’ to S2. Generally slow connection and response times and often just doesn’t recognise the system. I’ve tried rebooting etc but I’m reaching the conclusion that it’s just poor software development. Have been a huge advocate of SONOS over the years and for the first time I’m thinking of looking elsewhere. So frustrating 

Paulbrown6753

Perhaps see if the following information may help to improve your Sonos experience.

The current Spotify issue will unlikely be linked to you having difficulties with your controller recognising your Sonos system/household. 

The Sonos Controllers locate the Sonos Household devices using SSDP, (the UPnP discovery protocol). This is sent as UDP multicast and broadcast and I think a ‘possible suggestion’ here  might be that your mobile controller is connecting to one access point in your case and the speaker is connecting to another (different) access point and for some reason the mesh/local WiFi network system is somehow not allowing successful SSDP communication. I’ve seen similar issues quickly resolved in the past (in the main Sonos community) by running devices on a correctly setup SonosNet network instead. So perhaps give that a try, if you haven’t done so already.

Also, if you are, or do decide to go down the SonosNet route, then ensure these few things…

1. Set the SonosNet channel in “Settings/System/Network” of the Sonos App so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen routers 2.4ghz channel. Set the router channel to a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel (1, 6 or 11) and a channel width of 20 MHz.
  2. If using wireless access points, set those up with the same credentials (SSID/password), same ‘Fixed’ WiFi channels and channel width.
  3. Providing you do not have a Sonos Move in your HH, you could also remove/reset the WiFi credentials in the Sonos App “SettingsSystem/Network/Wireless Setup”. These are not needed when running your S2 devices on SonosNet.
  4. A further helpful, but optional. thing to do is reserve all your Sonos IP addresses in your routers DHCP reservation table.
  5. Finally ensure your Sonos products are at least three feet away from other WiFi connected products (where practicable) particularly any Sonos wired device connected to the main router.

Those things are more likely going to resolve your device connection issues. It’s not going to be related to the current Spotify outage, nor the current S2 Sonos App, which is working perfectly fine in my own own home and those of friends and family. It’s more likely going to be a local network related issue and SSDP communication.

Hope the above assists.

Thanks for that comprehensive bit of advice Ken. I’ll certainly give it a go!